Thirteen

(Seungwon's POV)

"N-No. I-It cannot be..." Song Hayoung said upon seeing the corpse of Hong Jongsuk.

"O-Oppa..." Baek Jiheon mumbled, crying after seeing Jung Minsung in the same state.

---

*Flashback*

"NO, PLEASE! DON'T KILL THEM!" Song Hayoung appealed, crawling towards me while crying.

"P-Please, have mercy..." Baek Jiheon added upon seeing my light sword raised.

I was about to reply when Logos said, "Young Master, I'm sensing a large presence of devils approaching our location."

"They're coming from outer space, huh? No wonder why it was too late for us to notice their presence," I commented after spreading my aura around.

"OPPA, OPPA! YOU NEED TO SEE THIS!" Hyein yelled out, giving me her phone after approaching me.

"A Devil Star, huh? They sure cooked up a very nice plan," Logos commented.

"W-What's a Devil Star, Seungwon-ah?" Hanni asked.

"It's a huge chunk of rock and metal that resembles an Asteroid. However, it's actually a gigantic egg containing devil spawn," I answered. "If that thing falls here, you can easily imagine the outcome," I added.

"You mean to say that the devils inside will invade the whole planet? T-That shouldn't be allowed then!" Danielle answered.

"Yes. That is, if this world manages to survive the impact of an asteroid that large in the first place," I replied before releasing the two ladies from my spiritual pressure. "Stand up, both of you," I told Jung Minsung and Hong Jongsuk.

"A-Are you sparing us?" Minsung asked while being supported by Baek Jiheon.

"I might, but it will come at a price," I answered, smirking with Logos. "Destroy the devils along with that star, and I won't kill you myself," I ordered them.

"Y-YAH! T-THEY WILL DIE IF THEY GET SENT THERE!" Jiheon appealed.

"If I execute them here, there would be no Heaven or Hell for them, Baek Jiheon-nim. Rather, they will return to the Lifestream just like the devils earlier. When that happens, the chances of them getting resurrected will be close to zero, even if they're extremely fortunate," I answered. "It's either they die there, or die by my hand. Your choice."

"A-Aren't you going to help them?" Hayoung asked.

"And why should I? It's not as if we were a team, you know. Rather, we might as well consider ourselves enemies at this point," I replied before facing the Adepts. "I will give you an hour to decide for yourselves. See you later," I added, beckoning Haerin and the others to follow me.

"Aren't you really helping them, Seungwon-ah?" Minji asked.

"With great power comes great responsibility, Minji-yah. Hence, misusing it will result in dire consequences," I replied. "They might have been controlled by the devils when they committed mass murder, but people will still fear them from now on, nevertheless. That's why I refused to help them and let their fate intervene instead. Sounds harsh, but it's the only way."

*End of Flashback*

---

"Spirit Blast, huh? They sure have the guts to use that skill as their last resort," I commented, seeing their state.