Nine

(Seungwon's POV)

"After sensing the Adepts earlier, I was certain that you're gonna show up real soon," Death commented as he stood in the center of an altar he made inside the cemetery dungeon. "No one can stop me from resurrecting my Master, not even you," he added.

"I could have cared less about you resurrecting your Master, you Lapdog," I answered. "However, you did something you shouldn't have done in the first place. And for that reason, you're going down here," I added.

"Heol. So you really thought that you could stop me? The audacity!" Death replied while laughing like crazy, making his bones creak with every movement. "Know what? I will defeat you here once and for all and chop your body into bite-sized pieces. After that, I'll offer you as a sacrifice to my Master so he can feast on your soul tonight," he added.

"You sure do like theatrics, Death," I commented. "Would you like to turn this fight into a debate instead?" I asked.

"Tss. You sure do know how to piss your enemies off, Jang Seungwon-ssi. Or should I dare say, Baldur the Wanderer?" Death commented.

I smirked.

"It's been a while since I last heard that name. Feels really nostalgic," I said nonchalantly.

"Yes. I want you to feel that way since it will be your last memory in this world," Death replied before chanting.

---

"Ashes to ashes, Dust to dust,
Bones to bones, and Rust to Rust.
Blood and Iron smell alike,
Pour enough souls and have a hike.

Whenever the moon cries,
Its blood immediately dries.

---

"A fitting sacrifice for my liege...Moon Drip!" he added.

"Man. Your poetry still sucks," I commented.

"Don't worry. You won't live long enough to get bothered by it anyway," Death commented as the magic circle activated.

"Correction. It is you who won't live long enough, not me," I added, casting my counter-spell before rushing towards him.

"Dispel!" Death yelled after realizing what I was about to do.

However, nothing happened.

"Sorry. Your plan failed," I replied, smirking right after redeeming the students' souls from him, ensuring that everyone was present and that no other spells or curses were cast on them. "Sorry, everyone, but you must wait a little longer, eh?" I added, putting them all inside my item box.

"DAAAAAAMMMNNNN YOOOOUUUUUUU!" Death yelled, assuming his monstrous and sinister form, his intense pressure literally breaking the whole place. "I WILL MAKE SURE TO KILL YOU TODAY, BALDUR!" he added.

"I'm sorry, but that won't happen," I replied, starting to cast my spell. "Consider this my special farewell gift to you," I added as a gigantic magic circle formed under my feet.

"T-That spell—!" Death said.

"I call upon the God who created Light, The God who created the Skies,
The God who created the Worlds,
And the God who created the expanse between them all.

Punish this heretic, let the Light reveal his transgressions,
Let the Skies become a witness to his punishment,
Let him be an example to all Worlds,
That his sins will be committed no more!" I chanted.

"No. T-That cannot be—!" Death said, terrified after hearing the entire chant.

"Farewell, Mr. Death," I commented before chanting the following words, the very words that he's terrified of.
.
.
.
.
.
"Judgment."