Epilogue

(Seungwon's POV)

"And tonight's Promenade King is none other than Lee Haneul of the Juniors! Congratulations!" the Prom's Emcee announced.

"Eh?! How come?" Haneul asked, surprised while sitting beside me.

"Don't ask me. I'm just a bystander," I answered, shrugging my shoulders. "Don't make your queen over there wait. That's rude," I added, smiling.

"Tsk. Only Goddess Elaiza is worthy of that position. Well...whatever," he whispered, sounding bored before going to the stage to receive his award.

"Goddess Elaiza, huh?! He sure sounded very obsessed," a female voice said beside me. "I can't blame him, though, since I'm a literal goddess," she giggled.

"Yah. What are you doing here, putting on a disguise, Noona?" I asked.

"Well...I'm here as Lee Hyein's chaperone. After all, she was invited by a Senior to attend this occasion," Shin Hyeri, my aunt, replied, smiling. "Anyway, since I'm also here, shouldn't I enjoy the night as well?" she asked.

"Whatever, Noona. Just don't overdo it," I replied.

"Well...just introduce me to that classmate of yours, and you're good to go," she answered.

"Huh?! And where should I go after this, Noona?" I asked.

"Your date, silly," she replied. "She really made a painstaking effort to doll herself up, so make sure to compliment her for it," she warned.

"Yah, Seungwon-ah. Where the hell do you think you're going?" Haneul asked, his hand on my shoulder, intending to stop me.

"I have a date, you dolt," I answered. "And she's waiting for me."

"Yah. What about me?" he asked, pouting behind his mask.

I smirked.

"Sorry, Noona, but it seems that this friend of mine doesn't want to—ARGH," I complained after receiving a nudge on the side.

"I was created to appreciate true beauty," Haneul said, lending his hand to my aunt. "The truth is, I was waiting for a miracle to happen, and that's you, Goddess Elaiza," he added.

"Oh...really, huh?" I commented. "I'll be leaving Hyeri Noona under your care, Lee Haneul. It will be the gallows for you if I find even a single scratch from her," I added seriously.

"Hahahaha! I'll be dead first before I let anything scratch her divine being," Haneul replied. "Go to your date now. We don't need you here," he added, shooing me away.

(A few minutes later...)

"I'm pretty sure I'm gonna find you here," I commented upon seeing Haerin standing in front of the school fountain.

"Well...Hyeinie told me that she saw frogs here, so..." was her abrupt answer. "Just kidding," she added, giggling upon seeing me make a playful pout.

"I hope I didn't make you wait for long," I commented, smiling as I held her hand.

"Not really. It's been a year since I confessed to you, but I'm still waiting, so something like this isn't a big deal," she pouted.

"Aw. Is Kitty Kang bitter now?" I playfully asked. "Aren't we going out now?"

"I'm not a cat!" she answered, pouting. "And we might be going out now, but I still haven't received a ki—UMPFFFH!!!" she complained when I kissed her.

We made out for at least a few minutes, which I both savored and enjoyed, to be honest.

"Omo. You look so stunning right now that I can't help but kiss you. Sorry about that," I commented, smiling at her.

"YAH! Y-YOU SURPRISED ME!" she told me, her blush evident on her face. "I...I haven't prepared my heart yet!" she added, her head resting on my chest.

"Sorry about that. It's just that I'm a guy that's full of surprises, hahaha," I replied, looking at her with my eyes full of love as I lifted her chin to face me. "I love you, Kang Haerin," I added, embracing her.

"I love you, too, Jang Seungwon, and I always will," Haerin replied, smiling while hugging me back.

"Erm...would you like to kiss again?" I asked after a few minutes of hugging and watching the moon.

"I thought you wouldn't ask," she replied, smiling as I kissed her passionately.

I finally found the right people to protect, Mina, and I swear it's not bad at all. Your troublesome Big Brother's finally okay, so you can rest easy now while watching over us, I thought as Haerin and I happily watched the fireworks display after our kiss, our hands clasped together.

*** The End? ***

***