Chapter 2: Andromeda

Days passed and Damion started becoming more used to the classes, campus, teachers, and peers. He was walking down the halls during free period when he came across Sophie and another student.

"Hey Damion," Sophie stopped to wave.

"Hi, who's this?" Damion said.

"Her? That's Andromeda, a 'Star' student," Sophie smiled, hinting at a joke.

"Your puns suck. Anyways, nice to meet you, Andromeda," Damion held out his hand.

"Nice to meet you too! Nova's house?" Andromeda asked curiously.

"Yes," Damion replied, looking impatiently at his watch.

"Somewhere you need to be?" Sophie asked curiously.

"Headmaster Oliver is hosting a club for first year students. I promised I'd be there to play poker," Damion started side shuffling out of Sophie and Andromeda's view.

He kept walking until he reached the Headmaster Office. Damion opened the door quietly and walked in the room to take his position in the poker circle.

"Ah, I was waiting for you," said Headmaster Oliver.

"Sorry I'm late, I was—," Damion was cut off.

"Talking with Sophie and Andromeda, I figured," Headmaster Oliver's eyes twinkled.

"Yes sir, shall we start?" Damion quickly tried to change the subject.

"We shall indeed. While we play, let us talk," Headmaster Oliver started stacking the poker chips.

"About what, Headmaster? Also, where is everyone else?" Damion started drawing cards from the deck.

"Not here. You are the only new student at Solar Academy this year. Anyways, I choose one person from each house and year to represent their house and year to compete in the—" Jay Oliver waited for Damion to finish for him.

"Contract Signing Competition," Damion replied.

"Exactly, boy! Exactly! As a new student part of the Nova house team, I invite you to participate. Now if you don't want to I could understand, and you are welcome to respectfully decline," Jay Oliver stopped the game.

"Uh, I'd be honored!" Damion smiled.

"Wonderful, I will let Professor Cliffe and Headmistress Sarah Sean know," Jay Oliver said.

"Who's Sarah Sean?" Damion dropped his cards and chips.

"She is the headmistress of Washington D.C's Solar Academy, of course!" Jay Oliver clapped his hands together.

"I better be going to my third period, I have astronomy," Damion stood up to leave.

"Of course, my boy. Just remember the selection I made can change your personality," Jay Oliver said.

"Right," Damion was confused.

He then walked out the office and entered the astronomy classroom. Professor Cliffe was sitting down grading second year papers. He stood up to greet the class as Damion found a seat next to the bottom-bunk boy.

"Hi, Damion," the boy said.

"Hi, you really didn't tell me your name," Damion said.

"Oh, I'm Alex," he held out a hand.

"This class is not a meet and greet session. Now if you will excuse me, I was trying to introduce myself before Damion and Alex interrupted," Professor Cliffe barked.

"Sorry," both Alex and Damion apologized.

"Thank you, boys. As I was saying, my name is Professor Cliffe and I will be your astronomy instructor this semester. I will also be in charge of Contract Signing Competition enrollments," he turned the moveable white board around to reveal the solar system.