Chapter 5: Burns

Everybody was waiting at the airport two hours before the flight making sure they wouldn't miss their opportunity to save Solar Academy. Sophie and Andromeda were preparing snacks and ordering drinks at the coffee shop while Damion and Alex were double-checking their luggages to make sure everything was in there.

"Damion, Alex!" Sophie called over the loud noise.

"Yeah?" Damion craned his neck to spot Sophie.

"Drinks!" Sophie tried to make her way through the crowd.

Damion tried to meet her before she arrived at the waiting area. Unfortunately, Sophie bumped into a man and spilled coffee all over Damion's shoes and pants.

"Damion, I'm so sorry!" Sophie immediately started cleaning up.

"No problem," Damion removed his soaking socks and stuffed them in his suitcase.

"Do you have a change of clothes you could use?" Sophie asked.

"Yeah, it's fine," Damion assured her.

The coffee burned Damion's skin and it left red burn marks all over his legs and feet. He left to go to the restroom to change his shoes and soaking jeans and attempted to ice his burns. As he came back with a new pair of jeans and new shoes and socks, he noticed his legs aching with pain. Once he found a seat next to Alex and Andromeda, he quickly sat down on the stool and grasped his feet in pain.

"Damion, are you alright?" Andromeda looked at him cautiously.

"The coffee," Damion winced.

"The coffee? Did it stain something?" Sophie sat upright.

"It burned my skin badly," Damion rolled up his jeans to reveal his burns.

"That looks painful," Alex searched for cold items to help soothe the pain.

"It burns," Damion admitted.

Sophie tried to help Damion as much as possible as she constantly glanced at the clock to make sure they weren't late to their flight. Damion flinched every time Sophie pressed ice on his legs. After a while, the burns healed but stains still showed. Sophie went to buy another coffee, but she was low on cash.

"I'm sorry, I had three dollars and ninety-two cents left," Sophie apologized.

"It's fine, I don't want any more accidents.

"Once again, I'm so sorry!" Sophie kept on begging Damion to forgive her.

"Sophie, it's fine! I'm going to be okay." said Damion reassuringly.

"Flight A to Washington,you may now start boarding," said a woman on the intercom.

"That's our flight! Hurry!"Andromeda said, while rushing to the gateway.

The four all rushed there to board the plane. Since it was a smaller airplane, there were only two rows, and two seats per row. To avoid any conflict, Damion sat with Alex, and Sophie with Andromeda. When the four sat in their seats, Damion took out his smartphone and started messaging his elder siblings.

Ashley, Arron, I'm coming to Washington. See you guys there. Also, you guys better wait outside for me and the others. He sent the message and almost instantly, Ashley started to type back.

Others? You actually have friends? - Ashley

Rude. - Damion

Sophie left to use the restroom, but as she walked back to her seat, she then found Andromeda passed out, draped over her seat. There was also a note saying: See you in Washington, Sophie, Alex, Andromeda, and Damion. I'm following you guys, and your every move.