Chapter 4: Letter

Damion couldn't bring himself to talk with Professor Jay Oliver, but he didn't need to. The answer Damion was waiting for was the letter telling him if he would be expelled. Ding!

The doorbell rang and Alex answered. A mailman was standing by the door handing him a box full of mail.

"Thank you," Alex nodded and closed the door.

"Give him a tip," Damion whispered.

"Right," Alex opened the door again and handed him three golden Solar Academy currency coins.

"Well? Open it up!" Damion leaned forward.

"It says it's for you," Alex squinted at the label.

"I have mail?" Damion stood up to see. "From Professor Jay Oliv—," Damion stopped talking.

The box was from Headmaster Jay Oliver. Damion opened the box up and inside was a letter that said:

Dear Mr. Damion,

I am sorry to inform you that due to your most recent actions, the school has no other alternative but to remove you from Solar Academy. We have taken you off of the attendance board and removed your status on our school page. If you wish to re-enter the school, you must speak with Professor Cliffe or Headmaster Jay Oliver, me. As a school committee, staff and students thought it would be most prudent and appropriate to send you back to your original school free of charge. Your brother on the other hand will be staying at Solar Academy since he has done nothing wrong nor in your favor. If you have any questions, please pay a visit to my office at Sunday noon. Your money spent on your attendance at this school will be refunded to you and used to fly you on your way back home. Mr. Damion, I understand the circumstances of your home and life right now, and am most deeply sorry for removing you from our community. You are hereby expelled from Solar Academy, the school for the best of the best.

Kind regards,

JayOLIVER

Damion stared at the letter and read it over and over again to make sure the letter didn't belong to someone else or say something else. Alex read the letter over Damion's shoulder. Everything was falling apart. Damion decided to rest and sleep more until Sunday noon.

The alarm clock on Alex's nightstand rang a number of times before Damion woke.

"Damion, you better head to Professor Jay Oliver's office to talk this out with him," Alex pointed at the clock.

"Eleven thirty? Eleven thirty?" Damion changed into some jeans and a black t-shirt and threw on his robes on the way out.

"Damion, wait! You forgot the letter!" Alex called.

"Oh, right! Thank you," Damion snatched the letter and ran out of sight.

Panting, Damion knocked on Jay Oliver's door.

"Come in," Jay Oliver called.

"Hi, Professor. I came because you sent me a letter informing me that I am expelled from this school," Damion sat down on the guest chair.

"Yes, and let me tell you why," Jay Oliver leaned forward.

"Go ahead. I am all ears," said Damion.

"You see, when you first joined the school, you were a threat," Jay Oliver's eyes went from twinkling to dark and beady.

"Threat? A helpless, fatherless, and stupid kid like me is a threat?" Damion didn't believe it.

"It's true! You may not believe me right now, but when the school is destroyed, it'll be you we will blame. The ancestry of your family acts like a threat to the schools. We sent your elder siblings, Ashley and Aaron to the Washington Solar Academy. We won't hesitate to do the same to you," Jay Oliver explained.