Chapter 8: Sabotage

Watching Professor Putridum being taken away in a cop car was hilarious to the three.

"Ah, look at him go," Andromeda laughed.

"I bet he turned into the moon!" Sophie joked. Silence.

"Haha. So funny, I forgot to laugh," Damion said flatly.

"I bet he turned back into a locusfautor after that!" Andromeda laughed.

"I'm sorry but, what does that mean?" Damion asked.

"Don't you know what locus means?" Sophie asked.

"I think..?" Damion said, puzzled.

"You don't know, don't you?" Andromeda sighed.

"Yeah," Damion admitted.

"Locus means space, and fautor means supporter! Don't you pay attention to any of your classes?" Sophie reprimanded.

"I do! I do! Lets just go now!" Damion protested.

The three of them returned to their mansion to take care of any scheduling and adjusting to the new environment. Suddenly, the intercom installed in the mansion beeped.

"What is that?" Sophie said while standing up from the bed.

"The pager," Damion replied.

"I'll answer," Andromeda stood up.

"Everyone please report to Sacred Hall," Headmistress Sarah Sean bellowed on the intercom.

"Let's go!" Damion called, as the three rushed out of the mansion.

They ran to Sacred Hall as fast as they could with their backpacks strapped around one shoulder. By the entrance, Onyx was already standing at the door waiting for Headmistress Sarah Sean to open it.

"Onyx...how—did—you—," Damion panted.

"Arrive so fast?" Onyx smirked.

"Yeah, that," Damion said.

Onyx shrugged and opened the door. Mrs. Sarah Sean welcomed the four warmly and escorted them to the pool of sacred water.

"Damion, please come with me privately," Mrs. Sarah whispered.

"Uh-oh, what happened?" Damion was muddled.

"I'm sorry to inform you, but your sticky note didn't fall into the sacred pool," Mrs. Sarah explained.

"What? But I thought everybody's sticky note falls! The competition elects the people by who's sticky note falls first, but all of them fall eventually, right?" Damion was almost crying.

"I'm sorry, worst thing that could have happened was that someone sabotaged it," Mrs. Sarah sighed.

"That's it! Someone sabotaged my sticky note!" Damion ran back to the lobby to wait with the three.

Damion took his seat and eyed Onyx carefully. Mrs. Sarah walked over to the microphone and said,

"Attention students! The following names that were on the sticky notes that fell into the pool, have been chosen! Kathy Aubre, Aiden Austin, Leo Auvi, Jacob Basan, Alice Belle, Luna Belinda, Catherine Candela, Sophia Cerin,... " Mrs. Sarah explained. Damion sat quietly, full of rage, waiting for Mrs. Sarah to announce his name, but no Damion Leon. The following students followed Mrs. Sarah to a secret entrance.

...

That night, Damion couldn't sleep. He decided to go to the Sacred Hall, to see his sticky note. He peeled it off, to find out that someone had glued it with Eclipse's Special Liquid Glue. He looked around, to see if there was a glue bottle, and sure enough, there was. He grabbed a piece of paper, and picked up the bottle and sticky note. He sprinted back to his mansion, and put the items in a drawer. The next morning, he brought the items to Mrs. Sarah.