Chapter 14: Tears

One month later, Sophie, Andromeda, Alex, and Onyx were sitting in the stands in that exact same place honoring Damion's life. Jay Oliver was speaking to all the students

regardless of their house. Even members of the Washington D.C. Solar Academy came to give a special Eulogy.

"As you might know, we lost a brave student a month ago, and we would like to acknowledge his life from beginning to end," Jay Oliver explained.

Jay Oliver deeply looked at the students he had taught all his life. All of their expressions were filled with sorrow. Sophie was crying, Andromeda didn't make eye contact with Damion's body, and Onyx and Alex were comforting the two girls.

"Now, a tradition in Solar Academy that always takes place once a loved one dies, the rest of us gather around the body and try to resurrect him," Jay Oliver said.

The students shuffled to the front of the stage to take their place in the circle of life (more like death). Chanting softly, an orb of light filled the room at the ceiling and made its way down to Damion's throat. The more passion put into the chant, the higher chance of a resurrection. As they continued to recite the words, the orb of light was inches away from Damion.

"With passion! It's almost enough!" Jay Oliver bellowed. The students put their heart and soul into the lyrics, but the orb never reached Damion's throat.

"Sir! Let me try! Alone..." Sophie requested.

"Sophie, I don't think that will work," Jay Oliver was hesitant.

"Let me do it! Please!" Sophie begged, as tears bursted from her eyes. Jay a Oliver sighed and called off the chanting.

"You may try, but I highly doubt it will work." He chuckled.

"This is serious." Sophie rolled her eyes and repeated the words "Don't Die" over and over again.

The glistening orb of light changed color, and sucked right into Damion's throat. Damion awoke, gasping for air. "Damion! You're alive!" Sophie flung herself over him.

"Who—who are you?" Damion muttered.

"It's me, Sophie!" Sophie cried with tears streaming down her cheeks.

"S- Sophie? I don't know any Sophie," Damion said confused.

"What do you mean? I'm one of your best friends!" Sophie countered.

"Who are they, and where am I?" Damion asked.

"Don't worry, it's all part of the process," Jay Oliver assured them.

"What is? Who are you?" Damion asked.

"Does someone have tears that was leaked from his eyes and his eyes only?" Jay Oliver announced.

"Parden, tears?" Sophie questioned, puzzled.

"Yes, tears," Jay Oliver repeated.

"I think a single tear leaked from Damion's eye after Sophie leapt into the pit," Andromeda pointed out.

"Perfect, use that," Jay Oliver concluded.

"How? It's on a rock," Andromeda was muddled.

"It should still be wet, use this swab to collect as much as you can," Jay Oliver ushered Andromeda out of the ceremony, handing her a q-tip.

"What are we going to do with the tears?" Andromeda called back.

"Don't worry about it!" Jay Oliver smiled.

Andromeda sprinted to the pit where the dragon was laying there. She walked over to the spot where the tear dropped and kneeled down. She took the swab and gently began swirling it in her hand collecting the tear.

"Gross," she muttered.

"It's not like it's spit or anything," Sophie said.

"Ah! Where did you come from?" Andromeda held her heart.

"Jay Oliver sent me to make sure you weren't doing anything stupid," Sophie smiled.

"Why would he do that?" Andromeda rolled her eyes as she took the swab back to the ceremony.

Andromeda handed the q-tip to Jay Oliver.

"Perfect," he nodded and soaked the tip in water.

"What will you do with it?" Andromeda asked.

"Just wait," Jay Oliver smirked.

He waited for about twenty minutes until he took the swab out of the water. Then, he stirred it for about a minute. Jay Oliver took spices off the cabinet he had prepared before the funeral. One by one, he added a pinch of salt, chopped peppercorn, and most importantly, honeydew grinds. Once again, he stirred it for two more minutes. Finally, he added a hint of white food coloring.

"Make it look like milk," Jay Oliver whispered as he winked at Andromeda.

He popped it in the SolarOven, which was powered by the sun, to kill any bacteria living in the drink he prepared.

"How does this help Damion?" Andromeda asked.

"Patience, my child!" Jay Oliver sighed.

"Sorry," Andromeda muttered.

After the alarm on the oven beeped, he took it out with his bare hands and propped it on a coaster next to Damion.

"Drink, dear boy," Jay Oliver offered.

"Who are you? And what is that?" Damion asked.

"Milk," Jay Oliver chuckled.

"Okay," Damion shrugged and gulped down the beverage.

"Feeling better?" Jay Oliver asked.

"Yes, thank you, Professor Jay Oliver," Damion smiled.

"What a miracle!" Jay Oliver threw his hands up.

Dark blue confetti shot up to the top of the stadium. Damion smiled and stepped weakly out of bed.

"What happened to me?" Damion asked Sophie.

"You were killed," Sophie fought back tears.

"He resurrected me, didn't he?" Damion muttered.

"I'm glad he did," Sophie smiled.