Chapter 11: Newspaper Article

As Damion, Sophie, and Andromeda walked back to the campus, Andromeda noticed a newspaper stand.

"Oh look, It's the Solar Academy Times! One minute, I want to go check out the news," Andromeda remarked.

"Okay, we will buy some ice cream while we wait," Sophie explained.

Damion and Sophie purchased some ice cream, and sat down in the shade. It was awkward sitting alone, just the two of them. A man with a mustache came over and wheeled his ice cream truck right behind him. He looked at the two to stop and smile.

"Well! How are you? You two seem to be enjoying your ice cream together, as a couple! Have you tried mine?" the man asked with a British accent.

"No, it's fine! We're not a couple, just friends," Damion replied.

"You should try my ice cream! It brings 'friends' together!" the ice cream man smiled warmly and took out his notepad. "Black hair, blonde hair, green eyes, and brown eyes," he muttered.

"I'm sorry, what exactly are you doing here?" Sophie squinted.

"Taking your orders, of course," he continued jotting notes down.

Damion and Sophie waited patiently until Andromeda came back. The man had gone and went off to make them their ice cream. With her copy of Solar Academy Times in Andromeda's hand, she gulped down her Napoleon ice cream. Her eyes widened.

"Damion, look at this," Andromeda was in shock, handing him the paper petrified.

"Uh oh, what is it?" Sophie asked.

Solar Academy Times

House Rivalry

Damion Leon, a kid who represents the Novas at Washongton's Solar Academy, stages a shooting against his contestant at the Trivia Bowl. The victim's name is Onyx Caddel, he was shot in the head last weekend. Luckily, he survived. However, witnesses feel that Damion pretended to be upset and in dismay just so he could receive the attention.

"He just wanted to be the 'hero' so he could get all the attention! He staged this accident and we all know it!" A witness of the scene stated.

"Oh no! Who would have reported such a fake thing?" Sophie questioned with a confused expression and clenched fists.

"I-I'm not sure," Damion replied, still in shock. Just then, the ice cream guy with a mustache came back with the treats and handed the cones to the infuriated, confused teens.

"What seems to be the problem?" he questioned.

"I-it's just we found out someone framed me and reported their lie to the news," Damion explained.

"Oh, I see. Well I happen to go back a long way with the head of the news board," the mustache man remarked.

"Really? Do you think you could get us a meeting with them?" Damion questioned.

"I certainly could," the mustache man replied with a smile sliding across his face.

"Wow, thank you so much mister..." Damion paused, waiting for a response.

"Dipper, Mr. Dipper," Mr. Dipper replied hesitantly.

"Well, thank you Mr. Dipper," Sophie remarked.

"Anytime! Plan to meet at this spot tomorrow at the same time so I can discuss with you about the head of news board, " Mr. Dipper responded. He strolled along the rocky path with his squeaky cart until he was out of sight.

"What luck we always have!" Andromeda declared.

"Yes, it's true," Sophie remarked.

"I'm just glad I have a chance to fix this," Damion muttered under his breath. The three walked back to their mansion, Sophie and Andromeda started cooking and Damion video called Alex.