Chapter 3 ~ Bad Luck

Sapphire, Harry, Frank and Toby were all sitting at the table for breakfast when Liam and y/n walked into the kitchen.

"Four minutes twenty!" Toby shouted as Liam and Y/n sat down on the edge of the counter.

"Jeff is gonna reek so bad!" Liam watched as Harry was giving Jeff a drink of milk from his cup.

"Harry, can you not get milk on Jeff please?" Tracy leant over the counter and smiled at the little boy. Toby looked at his watch, then at Tracy,

"Four minutes twenty seven!" He shouted.

"I'm on it!" Tracy rushed over the egg that was boiling in the pan. "Go, Liam toast!" Liam got up to grab the toast from the toaster as Tracy picked up the egg with a large spoon, holding her hand underneath just in case. As Tracy was walking past Liam, she tripped over one of the stools, causing the egg to go flying in the air.

Y/n quickly got up from her seat as the rest watched, she reached forward in front of Tracy and caught the egg. Everyone breathed a sigh of relief.

"Fudge that's hot!" Y/n yelled, passing the egg back and forth between her hands. She walked over to Toby and reached over him, placing the egg in the egg cup. Everyone watched as he cracked open the egg.

"Perfect!" He beamed. Liam chuckled to himself and shook his head, sitting back down with the plate of toast. Toby picked up the salt shaker and poured some onto his egg, only for the top to come off the shaker, causing the entire pot of salt to pour out.

"I'll make you another one." Tracy laughed, ruffling Toby's hair.

"What's the point?" He leaned his head on his fist. "I told you, from the day I was born, I'm jinxed." Tracy smiled sympathetically at him.

"You're not jinxed Toby." Y/n said, taking a bite into her toast, "If you were, then you wouldn't be meeting this couple that want to foster you would you?" Everyone nodded in agreement while Toby just sighed.

~

After breakfast, everyone was sitting in the lounge, Sapphire was on her phone, Toby was making a tower out of playing cards and Liam, Y/n and Frank were playing pool. Johnny came running in with a letter, almost knocking Toby into the card tower, and gave the letter to Sapphire. Sapphire opened it and suddenly stood up squealing, causing Y/n to jump.

"No way! Dad's got me two tickets to go see Dizzee! And these are golden tickets meaning we will probably get to go backstage and meet him!" She yelled, knocking Toby into the tower and running out of the lounge. Toby sighed, looking at the pile of cards on the table while Liam looked at Y/n.

"You alright Y/n?" He looked at her, trying not to laugh.

"Oh shut up, it just made me jump, that's all!" She rolled her eyes, lining up her pool cue and taking her shot.

~

"Just don't stress about it." Liam told Toby who was reading one of his comic books on the tree swing. Liam was half way up the rope and Y/n was sitting on the branch that held the swing up.

"I'm not." Toby replied dryly.

"You just gotta own the field you know what I'm saying?" Liam jumped down from his rope while Y/n stayed up in the tree, reading her book but half listening too. "You just gotta let them know you're someone spectacular! Do you wanna practise?"

"And which of your five foster parents did that work best on?" Toby said, still looking at his book.

"Tobes, that's mean!" Y/n shouted down from her branch.

"Or do you wanna play football? Course you do come on!" Liam grabbed Toby by the arm and pulled him over to where Johnny and Tee were playing. "You coming Y/n?" Liam yelled, leaning at the bottom of the tree while everyone else set up the goals.