𝐁𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐇𝐞𝐫

Warm Welcome to everyone who read my story till here💞

Realizing I have a few moments to maybe do some fishing about him, I seize the opportunity

"You mean no one else is ever here?" I try to make it seem like I'm making general conversation, but the look Maria aunty shoots me tells me she's wise to my game.

Taking a deep breath, Maria aunty sets the pan down on the stove, turning to look directly at me. "I've been with Mr. Khan for thirteen years now, and aside from his weekly poker game or football on Sunday, no one is ever here. In fact, you're the only woman I've ever seen in this house. Period. He never had any girlfriend and used to stay away from female species even maids of this mansion too. Get me?"

Nodding, I sit down at the kitchen stool. "Thank you. I don't know why I'm panicking. I'm guess I'm just a little scared and a tad jealous at the idea of some other woman having maybe been here," I admit.

"Normally, I wouldn't share what I just shared with you, but I did it because I see the way you look at him and the way he looks at you. Mr.Khan has been moping around this house for the past few years, and then today I walk in here and it's like he's finally woken up. I'm guessing you were the one to wake him."

I can't help but think of how I really did wake him up this morning and I burst out laughing. "I guess I did."

Giving me a knowing smile, Maria aunty hands me two plates. "Go put these on the table. Your brother is going to be here any minute and I'm guessing you guys are going to want to get right to it. No sense in dragging it out."

Her words bring me back to reality, causing my stomach to knot once again. Sitting at the table, I hear a knock at the door and the sound of Faisal greeting my brother. Moments later, they're in the dining room and Asad bhai pulled me into a hug. I hold him a few seconds longer than I normally would, in case it might be the last time for a while. The idea of not talking to or seeing my brother is unsettling and heartbreaking, but I will not allow him to rip Faisal and me apart.