So Close Yet So Far

When Sasha opened the door and saw Aloria sitting on her bed, she froze. She didn't know what to expect, but Aloria running up to her and throwing her arms around in a tight hug was definitely not it.

"I remember," the siren whispered.

Sasha's eyes immediately began to water as she hugged back Aloria just as tightly. "I've missed you so much."

After another moment Aloria pulled away. "I'm so sorry. You can blame my parents. My dad took my memory of you after you left because of how sad I was. But then he forgot about it and never gave it back."

"Damn." Sasha wiped her stray tears away. "Well, I'm just glad you remember now. Did me telling Bianca about you help at all?"

Aloria gasped. "So you did know I was there!"

"Of course."

"But how?"

Sasha shrugged. "Magic."

Aloria's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Is that why Sasha's eyes had that orange hue? "But you're not a witch?"

"No, I'm not." The blonde slowly grinned. "But I am a sorcerer."

The sirens jaw dropped. "No way." Sasha nodded making Aloria grab her shoulders and shake them. "That is so cool!"

Sasha chuckled and made her stop. "I guess." She sat down on her bed and Aloria joined her. "So what's up? Or did you only come here to tell me you remember?"

Aloria's smile slipped away and she became serious. "I'm going to ask this once and I need you to be honest with me." Sasha nodded. "Are you the Friend? The one who called me to tell me about Wednesday's stalker? The one who led me to Bianca during the black out at the volleyball game?"

Sasha bit her lip and exhaled through her nose. "Yes and no. I am the one who called you, but I'm not the one who led you to Bianca. I wasn't even at the game."

"How did you even know about the stalker?"

"My friend. They learned about it by accident and asked for my help." She rubbed the back of her neck. "We've been working together since but making sure to keep our distance in public. They're close to finally having an answer."

Aloria leaned forward in interest. "How?"

"Well, they went to the game and took pictures of everyone there. I stayed at school and took pictures of everybody here. Since then they've been cross checking the photos with all staff and students so we have everybody's location. The one person whose location we don't have has to be the stalker."

Aloria covered her mouth with her hand. "That's genius." And it was. Everyone should've either been in that gym or at Nevermore. Whoever wasn't would've been the only person who could've attacked Skye and turned off the lights. She then recalled how Ronnie was using his telekinesis on a secret phone during the game. And how Sasha only follows him on Instagram. "Ronnie, he's your friend, isn't he? He's the one helping us?"

Sasha sighed. "Yes." Aloria's jaw dropped. She may have guessed it but it was still shocking. He had been their prime suspect for so long. "But you can't tell anyone that."

Aloria shook her head as if to shake off the confusion. "Wait, why not? You must know we suspect him, right?"

"And that's exactly why you can't say anything. It's what he wants."

"Why would he want that?"

"It's his secondary plan that he's still hoping might work." At Aloria's confused face she explained. "Ronnie knew that once Wednesday noticed he went here that he would become a suspect. And he knew that it was only a matter of time before Wednesday would confront him. But he knew that the stalker always had eyes on her, so when she came to his dorm he pretended to hate her. He was hoping that maybe if the stalker saw how much he hated her that they might approach him. They haven't, but he's still hoping they might. So just don't tell anyone, okay?"