▪️9▪️

The bus hums with electricity and gasoline as it moves jaggedly along the hole filled roads. They desperately needed to be filled in, yet no one had bothered to. Bright yellow lighting illuminates the small shuttle, sometimes flickering with the movements of the bus. People are randomly scattered across the seats, which are a navy blue colour with red squiggles scattered across the design. They feel like carpet.

The shuttle comes to a sudden stop, and two people step off in silent muttering, their eyes darting around the suburban landscape. One is a girl with soft brown hair in a short hairstyle and green eyes full of curiosity. Her hands are enclosed in her hoodie, which is black with a skeletal design on the front, covering a fraction of her blue jeans. Her jeans cover a part of her shoes, which are whiter than teeth. The second person is a boy, the same age as the girl. He is slightly taller, maybe by an inch or two, and has jet black hair and icy blue eyes. He is a lot more muscular than the girl, and has a scar on his left cheek, faded by time itself. He wears a navy blue jacket with black jeans and grey trainers, a grey vest beneath the jacket, like fossils beneath sand. The pair look nervous, rushed, panicked, paranoid. They pace themselves across the bare streets, glancing at random signs and at eachother. The girl takes one hand out of her pocket and the boy grabs it, like they have been in a relationship for a long time.

"You alright, Lizzy?" He mutters with concern to his girlfriend, still scanning the area with his blue eyes.
"Yeah, Dan, I'm okay." She laughs nervously, and smiles at a bypasser; a child with a blue cap and yellow shirt, staring up at her with large dark and innocent eyes.
"If you're so sure." Daniel sighs. "Any idea on where it is?"
"Half a mile away. It's obvious when you see it." Liz answers, her hands shaking in her pockets. They didn't have to do what they were about to do, but at the same time, it felt like they had no choice. It had visited their dreams; it had told them to do it.

But was it really worth all of this? They have already been part of a homicide, they proved themselves to them. And now they were about to meet them. Would this even go well?

Daniel, the least nervous of the two, approaches a building with lots of graffiti on the outer walls. It looks scruffy enough, with the door being wooden and chipped. Whatever was left of the paint had been stripped, and the door has a simple gold lock, rusted by time itself. Daniel approaches it, knocking harshly. After a few seconds of awkward silence, the two glance at each-other, and the door opens.

"Can I help you? I'm kinda busy?" A man asks.
"Oh, we're looking for someone named Kai?"Elizabeth coughs. "Have you seen him?"
"Oh, well if that's the case." The man smiles. "I'm right here."
"So you're Kai?" Daniel raises an eyebrow.
"Mhm!" Kai nods. His hair is a dirty blonde colour, and most of his face is concealed by a black bandana. His eyes can't be seen, as he is wearing green goggles with smudges of soot along the rims.

"Well, nice to meet you I guess." Elizabeth says. "We were involved in that couple's house burning down. We helped Lucas."
"So that was you, huh..." Kai walks confidently over to the trapdoor and kicks it open. A yellow light comes from it, humming away like a fly. "Come on in. Lucas has been expecting you."

-----------------

"You fucking bitch..." Binx groans. "I was so close." Riley giggles.
"When did you last do something like this?" Riley questions.
"When we were 14, remember?" Binx looks at her, her eyes mysteriously glaring, like the dark side of the moon.
"Oh yeah!" Riley realises. "Man, I wish I could be 14 again. Times were so simple."
"Yeah..." Binx looks away, sadly. "So much simpler..."
"You okay?" Riley asks Binx concerningly. "Touchy subject?"
"Yeah..." Binx sighs. "That's when I got...you know..."
"Oh."
"Yeah.."
"Sorry-."
"No need to apologise." Binx presses A on her controller, and beckons Riley to do the same. A new game begins, the title screen for Mario Cart appearing happily. Riley looks back at her friend, knowing that whatever was wrong she couldn't do much now...