chapter 9

Avani pov.

When something was bothering him, Liam tended to move a lot in his sleep. Avani hadn't realized how bothered he was until now. He kept moving from one side of the bed to the other, almost crushing her every time he rolled. She was surprised that he could sleep through all the movement.

Avani herself hadn't been able to fall asleep at all. For the past four hours she'd spent her time looking up at the ceiling, thinking of the situation they were in. She loved her daughter to death and as she grew up she hadn't had a single regret. But now she couldn't help but asking herself a few questions. Should they have told her about them being vampires when she was young? Should she have known about her marriage, so she could have been ready for it? Would she be able to handle it all, without going crazy?

When they'd told her about everything, she had seemed to take it all pretty well. But now she was afraid that telling her she would be getting married tonight would cause her to seriously lose her mind? It was only now that she realized that they, in all their excitement, had spoken to neither Nathaniel nor Katra about what they wanted for their marriage. Did they want Roses or Lilies? Did they want to go for the normal tuxedo and beautiful white dress, or just jeans and a good sweater? Did they want to get married at the Mansion or at the beach? They hadn't even explained to Katra about the ritual.

It was too late now, Avani sighed, she would be getting married in a few hours and if she didn't accept it, she would grow old and die. That was the last this Avani wanted for her daughter.

When Liam moved and almost crushed her again, she decided to get up and go downstairs for a drink. She felt a bit thirsty and didn't want to go around her daughter while she was hungry. It was one of the things Liam and Avani had agreed on. They didn't want her to be in any kind of danger. No vampire was allowed around her when they were feeling even a small urge to feed.

She slipped on her housecoat and slippers before slowly walking out of the bedroom. She walked past her daughter's room and heard her playing a song on her guitar. She wanted to go in and tell her what would happen tonight, but forced herself to go to the kitchen for a drink before.

When she walked into the kitchen, she found Keri sitting on one of the stools, holding a cup of warm blood. She was surprised to find her there. Avani looked up at the clock. It was only 4PM. She hadn't expected any of the vampires to be awake before five.

"Didn't expect to find you here." She walked over to the fridge, took out a bag of blood from the hidden compartment, and poured it in a cup before putting it in the microwave.

"I've been awake for quite a while now." Keri replied then took a last drink from her cup.

"Couldn't sleep either?" Avani asked then heard the beep of the microwave. It didn't take long to warm up the blood. She sat down on a stool beside Keri and took a drink.

"No. I'm surprised Maddox was able to sleep."

"Liam has been in bed for awhile, but he hasn't been sleeping well. Keeps moving around."

Keri nodded. "Maddox was doing the same. I think were all nervous."

"I'm afraid that she won't accept getting married tonight."

Keri shook her head, "I'm sure she will be okay."

"What makes you think that?"

Keri seemed to try and figure out a way to say whatever she wanted to say, then she turned completely towards Avani and said, "Katra went to Nathaniel's room earlier today."

Avani looked at her with wide eyes. "What?"

"I'm sure she was trying to be secretive about it, but you know how I can easily hear through a million walls when I want too. Nathaniel's room is beside our so I could easily hear what was going on."