chapter 10

katra pov.

For the second time that day, I was sitting on my bed, legs crossed, with my black guitar on my lap. I'd stopped practicing 'Afterlife' and was now playing 'I'll keep your Memory Vague'by Finger Eleven. I knew the song by heart and I was obsessed with it, as much as I as obsessed with their song called Paralyzer. I played it at least once a day. I opened my mouth to start to sing the lyrics but a knock at the door stopped me.

I frowned and looked over at the clock on my side table. 4:30pm. Who would be knocking at my door? It probably wasn't a vampire because I knew that my parents only woke up around six. But then again, I was getting married tonight. Maybe they were all awake already. I groaned and put the guitar on the bed beside me. Couldn't I have gotten at least 2 more minutes alone to sing the song and feel some kind of peace?

I got up and slowly walked towards the door. There was a big chance that it was Tony, telling me what I had to do, and there was also a chance that it could be Nathaniel, though I don't know what he would want.

I opened the door and I was actually surprised to see my mother on the other side. She smiled and I stepped away from the door, letting her walk into my room.

"What do you want?" I asked then winced, I hadn't meant to sound so harsh.

She looked down at her hands, sometimes she still looked like a teenager, but I knew better. "I wanted to spend some time with you." She looked up and smiled at me. "My little girl is getting married tonight."

I nodded. "I know, Nathaniel told me."

"Okay..." She walked over to my closet. "Why don't we pick a dress for you?"

I smiled and went to stand beside her. "Sure."

"Alright," She smiled back at me then looked through the various black and red dresses that were in my closet. She ended up taking out a long black dress I'd worn for one of their parties once, not knowing that the guests were all vampires and the wine they were drinking was blood. "I think this one would be perfect. I'm perfectly fine with what you normally wear, but this is your wedding. We need something different."

"I'm pretty sure it's illegal to wear black at a wedding," I laughed.

She shook her head and chuckled, "Don't worry, we won't tell anyone."

I took the dress from her and put it on the bed. When I came back she was on her knees looking at all my shoes, trying to pick which one would fit best with the dress and the situation. It wasn't like I could wear knee high boots for a wedding.

I was surprised at how comfortable I was picking my wedding clothes at the moment. I felt as if this wedding was my choice, and that I was in love with the man I was marrying. That's when it hit me. I liked him, that's why I felt so okay with him. I didn't know him all that well, but I did like him. He was different, very different, and there was just something about him...

I liked him, but I didn't love him. Not yet. I hoped that maybe I would be able to love him, but I was sure that he wouldn't love me. He wasn't that type of guy...

I was pulled away from my thoughts when my mother pulled out a pair of pretty black high heels and threw them at me. I squealed but caught them, and then I heard her laughing at me. I probably would laugh to if I'd seen my face, which I didn't want to see.

I walked over to my bed and put the heels beside the dress, all the while blushing in embarrassment. When I turned around again, my mother had disappeared. Well, almost. She was no longer standing at the closet, but was on the other side of my room, looking through my clip on extensions. I wasn't sure what she wanted to do with them, there was no way I was wearing pink or blue extensions for my wedding.