Epilogue

I always thought that my parents were a bit odd.

It was a week before my seventeenth birthday when I learned that they are vampires.

It's been a year now. One long year. I'm currently sitting in my kitchen, writing my story down on a new laptop my parents bought me for Christmas. After I told them that I would like to publish a book about the events that happened twelve months ago, they were more than happy to help me out a bit. Of course, no one would know that it was non-fiction. Who would believe that 1. Vampires are real and 2. A young seventeen year old girl fell in love with one.

I died a second time the night of Brandon's death, but what Tony hadn't expected was for me to be a vampire. If Nathaniel had not turned me the night before, I would have died a slow, painful death.

You might be wondering when Tony come into this. Apparently Nathaniel left a secret note on the front door of the house, telling him where we were going and to come immediately. He'd walked in not long after Brandon shot Jaxon in the shoulder after shooting me, and broke Brandon's neck before he could do any more damage.

Nathaniel had known all along that Brandon was lying, but instead of telling me, he'd waited to be attacked. He regretted it now, saying that he hadn't expected that getting staked in the chest would hurt so much, but I didn't regret him not telling me. If he hadn't, I know that it wouldn't have played out like it did. If it had gone any differently, I'm sure that one of us would be dead now.

Jaxon survived, but left not long after he made sure I was alright. He learned that I was a vampire a few days after he'd been shot. He told me that he couldn't stay around; that he needed to go away for awhile to think things over. He also said he had to make it up to all the vampires he'd killed. I'm not sure what he could do, but he was determined to find a way. Before leaving, he finally told us what happened to Paige that horrible night when she lost her life.

Brandon and he had gone there to find out where I was, thinking that I would tell Paige everything, including where Nathaniel and I had run off to. When she told them that she didn't know, Brandon was sure that she was lying. To scare her, he'd pointed the gun at her, but a few minutes later accidentally shot her when he was surprised by a slamming down downstairs. Paige's parents had been told Brandon was sick and had shot Paige when she'd rejected him. Now, not only had Via had to live with the fact that her boyfriend was dead, but now she thought that he hadn't actually wanted her. Via left school not long after that, but also moved away permanently. Last I heard she was living in California with her uncle.

Tony was still my bodyguard. He was also my only bodyguard, unless you counted Nathaniel. We made the basement a large apartment for him and he now lived with us. The only rule was that he could not bring any women there. We knew he would never do it in the first place, but the rule was still there. We can't take a risk that someone would find our secret. The house was strictly forbidden to humans.

My parents now live in a large mansion a few towns over. They came every two weekends for a family dinner. I'd been told not long ago that our Government had given them the right to have another child and I'm sure that they were trying to make one as I write these words. There was nothing my mother wanted more than another child. Keri and Maddox decided to move to America. They're currently living in New York.

The last big bang to this story is that I am now seven months pregnant. Nathaniel and I are as happy as ever and already argueing over the gender of the baby. He's sure it's a girl, though i don't know why, but I'm sure it's going to be a boy. No girl could kick as much as this baby does.

I don't regret anything that happened from the moment I learned my parents were vampires. I love Nathaniel more than anything and I would never be able to live without him. He's my everything.

The only thing that's missing in my life is my two best friends. I knew Paige will never come back, and I've accepted that, but I can only wish that Jaxon would one day contact me. I know Nathaniel would be more than willing to accept a friendship with him, even after everything that happened, but I also know that it will take a long time before Jaxon can come back. The only thing I can say is that the day he returns, I'll greet him with open arms. He'll always be my best friend.

- Katra Samson-HuntingtON