An Enchanted Kiss Part 2

"Dani!" Barnaby waved happily as Dani arrived at the Care of Magical Creatures grove. "It's my honour to introduce you to the one, the only... Knarl the Knarl!"

"A knarl named Knarl? That's pretty cool."

"That's because he's the knarl-iest! Get it?"

"Uh-huh. Anyway, Diego's tied up with his Charms project so he asked me to find out if Knarl can dance yet-regardless of how ridiculous that just sounded?"

"Well, he can certainly do this!" Barnaby exclaimed excitedly before turning to Knarl. "Knarl, stay!"

Knarl stopped moving.

"Not bad. Kettleburn can barely get the knarls in class to stop running all over the place."

"Dance moves are eh. And he'd only stay when I tell him to, but Diego told me that Flitwick wants me to make it memorize an entire dance."

Dani groaned dramatically and threw her copy of the script across the grove. "HOW DO YOU MAKE A KNARL MEMORIZE A DANCE?!"

Barnaby went to pick up the script and gave it back to Dani. "Here you go. You can get Flitwick to turn ME into the Spring Nymph, since he's the Charms professor. The Spring Nymph has the power to tame any creature."

"But then you'll have to say THIS! In front of all the 11-year-olds!" Dani flipped to the last few pages of her script and pointed out a line to Barnaby.

"I set out to stop your cold touch, not knowing it would be what I want most..." Barnaby read. "I mean, she isn't wrong. No matter how bad things are, there are people you always want to spend time with."

"Plus you'll have to-" Dani stopped awkwardly as she realized Barnaby's point.

Barnaby didn't seem to care. "The magical world would be so much more magical if we could talk to all the creatures..."
************************************
"DIFFINDO!" The student delivered a nasty gash to his opponent's shoulder.

"EPISKEY!" The wound magically stitched itself together seamlessly. "Look, I can't intervene once you two are on stage, and if you make Dumbledore think this was a bad idea after all-"

"Flitwick will never let us hear the end of it. I know. So if I can't hurt her, I'll just have to let her win? Why does the hero always win?"

"Because the villain winning is overrated," said Dani, remembering what her evil ex-professor did. "And we still only have five and a half days left to get EVERYTHING done, so let's get a move on..."
************************************
"Andre, I'm sorry-"

Andre turned to Talbott, who had ran out after him with a Guide to Advanced Transfiguration. "Bro, do you have any idea how long I stayed up with Flitwick last night tweaking these zillion designs to his liking?!"

"I didn't mean to!" Talbott groaned. "You know what, maybe I should get back to hooting with owls..."

"Talbott, geez, no, I appreciate it, it's just... Flitwick's 'magnum opus' is-"

"A magnum pain," said Dani, arriving on the catwalk that led to the Ravenclaw common room. "Quote Winter Sprite. How are the-"

"Gone."

Dani thought for a moment before noticing a few pieces of suspiciously crumpled paper sticking out of Talbott's book that look too colourful to be notes. "Talbott, is that..."

"Oh! There you go, Andre."

Dani took a closer look at Andre's designs. While they were intricate and masterful-Andre had spared no effort-but the papers looked as though they'd endured far too many encounters with erasers and/or liquid.

"And I barely have the materials for these," Andre said sadly. "Badeea and I are trying to crank out Flitwick-worthy designs as fast as we can, but at this point... Is it even possible?"