a night to remember

So today was prom and Lindsey was so excited but also sad because Carl would be leaving soon. We have to make this night so fun and special she thought as she woke up.

Lindsey's pov

I woke up and my dad made me some breakfast and I threw on some baggy sweats and a nirvana t shirt since Debbie and I were going to get our nails done this morning for prom. I took her dress shopping and helped her pick a pretty dress that was champagnes colored and I was going to help her do her hair and makeup for tonight.
I drove to the Gallagher house and parked out front, honked the horn and waited for Debbie to come out. We headed to the mall to get our nails done- my treat. I wanted to make Debbie feel pretty and confident as she's gone through a lot.
After we got our nails done we got some chick fil a and headed to my house to start getting ready.

I started to do Debbie's makeup and we listened to some Fergie to get us in a good mood.

"Carl really loves you, know? It makes me sick, well in a good way" Debbie laughs knowing her brother is never usually good at relationships.
"Yeah I'm glad he's changed for the better even though I'm going to miss him a lot" I say thinking how proud I truly am of him.
"I'm glad he has you, I don't wanna know what would have happened to him if he didn't meet you."
We finished getting ready and I put my dress on and we started driving back to the gallaghers to get Debbie's dress, then pick up Carl and Fiona to meet up with some friends to get pictures taken.
When we got there i  followed Debbie upstairs and when we got to the hall I saw Carl in the boys' room in the mirror adjusting his suit and checking how he looks. He looked sooo handsome.
"Hey dude you about ready to g-" Debbie started to say but was interrupted when Carl turned to face the door way and saw me.
"Oh my god.  Linds you look perfect!" Carl said to with his jaw hanging down walking towards us.
"You look amazing too, cutie" I say winking at him and giving him a big hug.
He turns around and goes over to his night stand and picks up a bouquet of red roses to match my dress. 
"For you my beautiful girl" he says blushing and handing them to me.
"Thanks babe you're too sweet! They're so pretty"
I say looking up at him smiling.
"Debs you look nice too!" Carl says smiling at his sister
"Thanks I have to give your lovely girlfriend credit she did my hair and makeup!" She says winking at me
We gather our purses and head downstairs to get ready to go take pictures. Fiona is waiting in the kitchen and smiles when she sees us come down the stairs.
"Wow you 3 clean up nice. I'm glad you're going to go have some fun tonight. Alright let's get going to get some cute pictures.

_________________
We go to pictures and get  a lot of cute ones. I am going to make a photo book for Carl that he can take with him.

Fiona drops us off at the school and goes to pick up Liam lip and Ian and bring them to grand march in the field house.

Carl Debbie and I are standing in line for grand march in the hall. Debbie was just going with our group of friends so she walked with our friend marissa. Carl and I got to the front of the line and it was our turn to walk. I could tell he was nervous because he usually doesn't go to school functions but I held is hand and we did just fine. I heard lip and Ian whistle when we walked out, we waved to everyone and went to the bus after our turn.

—————-
We went to a venue for prom and got to our tables. Once everyone got there we ate dinner and were ready to go dancing. Carl sat with some of his guy friends and me and Debbie went and danced our butts off.

Then we were eating some dessert at our table and the DJ said a slow song was going to come on.

"Go dance you love birds" Debbie said teasing us

Carls face got red but he stood up and took my hand and asked me to dance with him. 

The song started playing and it was Morgan Wallens version of Cover me Up.

He held me with his arms around my waist and we swayed to the music and I loved this song so I was basically singing along to it to him looking in his eyes.

" but I made it through cuz somebody knew I was meant for someone"

He heard those words and thought about his horrible past relationships and how he felt like no one truly loved him and always left until she came along and it made him tear up a little bit.

I wiped his tear from his eye and whispered "I love you" in his ear and rested my head on his shoulder.
I had no idea even knew this song but it was his turn to sing the words to me.
"I sobered up I swore off that stuff forever this time,
And the old lovers sing I thought it'd be me who helped him get home
But home was a dream one that id never seen til you came along"
So girl hang your dress up to dry we ain't leaving this room
Til Percy priest breaks open wide and the whole river runs through. And Carries this house on its stones like a piece of drift wood
So cover me up and know you're Enough to use me for good

That's exactly what I'd do. Use Carl for good and change his life to live the  kind of life he deserves to live.

We left prom at midnight and went back to the Gallaghers after we got back to the school.
I took my makeup off and cuddled into Carl's bed he was already asleep since we were all so tired.

I kissed his cheek and wrapped my arms around his waist and drifted off into a deep sleep.

Prom was a success.