encounters

Lindsey's POV

It was finally here, my last semester of junior year of high school. I was slightly nervous since a bunch of classes were changing today, even though I pretty much knew everyone in our school. It's one of those things you kinda never get over I guess. I got dressed in my typical lazy Monday attire, leggings and a longsleeve shirt from Victorias secret and my favorite black & white Adidas superstar sneakers. Did my usual makeup, curled my long brown hair then ran out the door to my jeep to head on my way to hell.

I was always running late, but luckily it was only a 10 minute drive from my house to school. The parking lot was chaos like usual but I finally found a decent parking spot. I was still early enough that people were still hanging out at their cars with friends before we had to be in our homerooms. I got out of my car to see my friend Dylan waving for me to come over to his car. There was a group of his friends over there too who were all pretty chill. They were all from the south side and were into the drug business. I didn't necessarily approve of it, but overall they were chill people and I got along with pretty much everyone.

The one person who stood out to me the most was Carl Gallagher. He was a year younger than me one grade below me. I knew he was friends with Dylan but I really hadnt had any personal experiences with him. I did know his older brother Lip though. Two years ago he was a senior and him and two other guys were a few of my really good friends. Back then I was more rebellious since I was coping with my parents' messy divorce. I'd only been over to the Gallagher house once but I don't remember carl being home at the time. I kinda lost touch with Lip once he went to college but we still talked now and then.

As I approached Dylan and his friends 2 other guys I didn't know cat called me and I just laughed because I knew they were probably low key high right now even if it was 7:30 in the morning. Dylan gave me a hug and his friends asked who I was as if they thought they could get with me. We laughed and talked for a few minutes before it was close to having to be in homeroom. We walked into school and went our separate ways.

The first half of my day still consisted of my same classes that were all year long. So after lunch I had my 2 new classes that were electives. The first class I had was forensics with one of my favorite teachers, and one of my best friends Marissa was also in that class with me.

Finally seventh period rolled around and I now had psychology. When I walked into the classroom I saw 2 of my other best friends, Sara and Haley and Marissa also had this class. We all stood together talking and watching who else came into the room talking shit if someone we didn't like came in. Once the bell rang I scanned my eyes around the room to see who all officially was in this class. My gaze stopped halfway around the room at a familiar face from this morning. Carl Gallagher.

Our teacher was pretty chill and said that we could pick our own seats as long as we behaved. The desks were set up in pairs of rows, so Haley Sara Marissa and I picked seats on the left side of the room. Haley and Sara sat in front of Marissa and I leaving one more pair of desks behind us. Because it was an elective class it was mixed grades. As everyone else chose their seats excitedly carl looked around aimlessly for somewhere to sit. I could tell by the look on his face he didn't really want to be there and that he probably felt out of place. I turned around towards his direction and we made eye contact. I gave him a small smile so he knew I remembered him from earlier. Seconds later after turning back around continuing to talk to my friends I heard a person sit down in the desk behind me. I turned around to see carl with his goofy cornrows now sitting behind me. He looked up when he saw me turn around and gave me a smirky smile back.

Marissa rolled her eyes being a goody two shoes knowing what Carl was all about. You didn't have to know carl to know Carl.

Little did I know that this day would start an interesting bond with the biggest bad boy in town.