home

Carl had to stay in the hospital for another 4 days until he was ready to be sent home. Even then he would have to be resting still for the most part. Fiona let me go pick him up and Lip asked to come along which I gladly accepted.

The car ride was quiet for the first few minutes, and then Lip spoke.

"Thank you for taking care of my brother and trying to get him down the right path. You've always been a good friend to me, he's lucky to have you now."

"You don't have to thank me, I'm happy to help him realize how good of a person he can be. And I'm a friend to your whole family, any of you. You guys are great."

He just smiled, grateful.

Once we got to the hospital, the nurses led us to Carl's room so we could get everything wrapped up for him to go. The nurses finished all his paperwork and gave us instructions to tend to his wounds and gave us his pain pills.

We gave him his change of clothes to put on since he'd obviously been in hospital gowns. He was going to need help though since it was hard for him to move his upper body from where he was shot. Lip offered to do it thinking it might be awkward but I said it was fine. His room had its own personal little bathroom so I helped him over to it and shut the door in case any nurses came in or something.

I untied the back of his gown, which luckily for him slid off like a jacket since itd be hard to get stuff over his head at the moment revealing him shirtless in his underwear. Our hands brushed against each other when I went to take the gown from him and hand him his shorts. He threw them down, grabbing my left hand pulling me close to his body with the little bit of strength he had. My other hand rested on his chest while he put his around my waist holding on tightly like I would slip away any second if he didn't.

Within seconds he placed his lips on mine kissing me softly for a few seconds. When he broke the kiss he rested his chin on the top of my head, and I pressed my head carefully against his chest listening to his heartbeat. We stood like that for a few seconds before Lip knocked on the door asking if I needed help. I yelled out that we were almost done and Carl and I quickly scrambled to carefully get him dressed giggling like kids getting caught doing something they shouldn't be.

When we came out of the bathroom the nurse was waiting with a wheelchair to take carl out in so he wouldn't have to walk.

Lip let Carl ride shotgun next to me on the way home and carl complained about all the annoying things that happened at the hospital, making us laugh.

Once we got back to the Gallagher house I helped Carl out of the car walking him up the porch where Fiona greeted us with a big smile.

Everyone was glad to see Carl home, even frank who hugged his son for probably the first time in a long time.

We set carl up a makeshift bed on the couch so he didnt have to go upstairs or climb up in his top bunk. It was Monday night which meant there would be school tomorrow, for me at least since carl still wouldnt be back yet. Carl pouted about me heading home, which was kind of cute. But I promised him I'd visit before dance tomorrow after school. My dad wouldn't have cared if I stayed as long as I still got up for school in the morning, but I didn't have any extra clothes with me for tomorrow. So against Carl's will I headed home.

I came home showered and got all settled in bed. But it just didnt feel right. I wanted to be there with carl.

I waited until around midnight when my dad left for work and in the meantime packed all my stuff. Once he left I got in my car and went back to the Gallaghers. I knew the door would be open because of Franks constant whereabouts, so I let myself in quietly so I didn't wake anyone. I walked quietly to the living room where carl was sleeping and set down my bag. I walked over to the couch and laid down next to carl wrapping my arms around his torso being the 'big spoon'. I held his hand in mine squeezing it gently. He woke up slowly realizing someone was there. He turned his head to see me and smiled, squeezing my hand back.

And then he whispered, "baby I knew you'd come back." Before drifting back to sleep.