goodbyes

Well today was the day.
The day Carl leaves for military school.
My heart breaks thinking of it. I'm going to miss him so so Much but I'm proud of him and want him to be a better person.
I had printed out some pictures from prom and made a collage book and gave it to him as a gift when I went to his house this morning.
"Wow this is great. I love it and  I'm going to look at it every day when I miss you." He said choking up.
"I'm glad you like it baby. We are soooo photogenic" we both laughed.
We piled into the car with all of Carls things he was taking and had to go to the bus stop that was taking him.
We sat in the backseat and held hands the whole way. I leaned my  head on his shoulder and in the corner of my eye I saw tears rolling down his cheeks.
When we got there my stomach was churning and I was so sad.
Carl hugged Fiona lip and Debbie and saved me for last.

We squeezed each other tight and both cried.
"You're my best friend my everything I love you so much. I'm going to  be lost without you but I will come home and call you any chance I get i promise" he said reassuring me through his tears.

" I love you Carl. Always. Don't forget about me" I joke.
We hug one more time and he walks to get on the bus.  He turns around and blows me a kiss and gives a small smile and the doors shut.

The car ride back to the Gallagher house was silent and we all were going to miss our crazy Carl so much.