A question

So it's been a month since the whole shooting happened to Carl, and he recovered well which was a relief. He's been making a lot of lifestyle adjustments to better himself.

He took out his cornrows and it was nice to see is soft brown hair looking normal again. I was helping him keep up with his school work while he was home recovering and his grades were improving too. His teachers even noticed a big difference in Carl. He was still a dysfunctional Gallagher at heart but he was definitely realizing the potential he has to do something good with himself. It was now mid March and the weather was finally warming up a bit.

My friend Haley told me to meet her at Dunkin' Donuts today for a study date. I was down for sure, it's never a wrong time for donuts and coffee to remove the stress of another ridiculous test. Little did I know I was going for a completely different reason.

When I pulled up I saw Haley's car and went inside. She was already sitting at a table with her binder out. We ordered donuts and coffee and gossiped for a good fifteen minutes before we were going to begin studying. She pulled out some flash cards and we were going to quiz each other. She asked me questions first and then it was my turn to quiz her. She handed me a different stack of cards "so we wouldn't go through the same questions again". So I started to read them confused...

First card : Lindsey Paige,
I gave her a weird look, she just told me to keep on reading them.

second card: You've been on my brain lately..

Third card : and I can't help but think

Fourth card: how much chemistry there'd be

Fifth card: if you went to PROM with me?
(Turn around)

I turned around to see a red faced, smiling Carl Standing before me in a tux holding a boquet of roses.

I was literally in shock because I didn't think Carl was the type of guy to want to go to school hosted activities even after changing a lot lately.

I had no words I stood there with my hands over my mouth looking back and forth between him and Haley.

"Well, are you gonna go with him or not?" One of the employees who was a guy from our school said jokingly making us all laugh.

I walked over to Carl closing the gap between us and engulfed him in a hug.

"Of course I would go with you" I whispered in his ear kissing him on the cheek.

Everyone who was in Dunkin cheered and clapped.

Today was a very good day if I must say.