00. Prologue

TW:DEATH+BLOODFlashback1492

  TW:DEATH+BLOOD
Flashback
1492

A day before they fled.

Elijah and Kalëna sat in the garden, overlooking the pond a few feet away from the flowers she engulfed herself in.

Her dress turning a bit brown from the mud she laid in, though she didn't mind. It was the first time in weeks she saw the fresh air, and with her friend beside her it didn't phase her.

Kalëna rubbed her hands through the grass, peering her mocha eyes into his chestnut ones that already watched her. "Do you think that if we love too hard, then it will lead to a broken heart, my lord."

"No, no I don't think so." Elijah answered his friend.

"Are you sure?" She asked him, a wave of sadness overcoming her. Closing her eyes so no tears could cascade down her cheeks.

Scorching closer towards her, he put his hands on her chin observing any ounce of sorrow, but she just swatted his hands away. "Where's this coming from?" He asked her, eyebrows knitting up in confusion. He genuinely wanted to know why she was thinking this way.

"It's nothing really, it's just I l-"

Heavy foot steps and a cough stopped her from revealing her secret. Klaus stood in-front of them, gaining her attention first and subtly glaring at his brother.

"Brother." His voice low and steady as he looked over him then to her "M'lady."

"Hello, Klaus." She greeted him with a smile "I'll see you later Elijah!"

Watching her walk away he ushered for his brother to sit with him at the bench. Elijah following suit, wiping off any residue of the grass and weeds.

"Seems like you two had a lovely day haven't you?" He chuckled to himself. "Hope you haven't forgotten about the plan since you've been getting cozy with our guest."

Elijah gave him a stern glare, eyes piercing his dead eyes that showed no remorse. "No. No, I haven't. She just wanted some fresh air."

"Didn't she now." Klaus hummed. He knew his brother so well, and he knew he liked her it wasn't no secret. "Remember don't forget the plan. Or I'll kill her in her sleep if you cross me."

DAY OF THEIR FLEE

KALËNA AND HER OLDER SISTER KATERINA ran through the forest as quiet and fast as they could, they were being chased by Klaus' men. They thought they could trust him and Elijah, they thought they were friends.

But she had been mistaken.

They had betrayed them, and backstabbed them even.

To make matters worse they were trying to not make a sound, even though it was quite hard from their loud breathing. They had to cover their mouths with their bloody shaking hands so they wouldn't be spotted.

After awhile the men left after finding nothing as they made their way down to were the old cottage was. Replaying the words the nice man Trevor told them.

So they found Rose. They found safety. She let them in with open arms.

That's was a mistake on roses part.

They had this plan that they wouldn't hide, or run away anymore. If it came down to it they would have to kill themselves so he couldn't get their blood and ruin the world.

Katerina grabs the large knife off the table and stabs herself, then Kalëna follows behind her wincing on site at how the blade feels.

All you can hear are dripping noises coming from the room, drip after drip hits the brown smoked floor. The first person to smell it was Rose.

Wondering why, she nears the corner of the door opening it to see one thing she wished she couldn't. The two Petrova girls hanging off of the ceiling, dangling as their blood fell from their stomachs and a dark ring hung around their necks.

"WHAT DID YOU TWO DO—" she screams out, a look of shock in her eyes.

"YOU'LL GET TREVOR AND I IN TROUBLE FOR YOU GUYS BLASPHEMY. I TOLD HIM NOT TO TRUST YOU TWO." Her screams have now become furious as she inches closer to their bodies, knocking them down.

After everything died down she gave them her blood so they can heal, she locks the room behind her and goes back to the kitchen to make dinner for her guests.

When they wake up, they should've just wished to be dead.

Instead they woke up as hungry vampires wanting to kill.

This was just the beginning...

———————————————————————————————————————