02.

━━━2009━━━Pilot First day of school ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━━━━━

━━━2009━━━
Pilot
First day of school
⋆⋅☆⋅⋆
━━━━━━━━

Chapter 2. Pilot

     IT WAS BRIGHT AND EARLY IN THE MORNING OF MYSTIC FALLS.  The perfect time for the sun to rise and for everyone to start getting up to start their day. That wasn't the case for Imani though, it was the first day back to school and she hated it.

     She'd rather stay home instead of having the teachers lecture them, but there she was in her bedroom getting ready so her sister didn't barge in her room telling her to.

     Rummaging through her clothes, she found a light blue tank top and her Jean skirt. Running down the stairs, she was welcomed by Bonnie in the kitchen, eating breakfast and watching the news.

     "Where's dad, Bo?" She asked her, grabbing the bread and knife from the counter as she opened the fridge to get the orange juice.

     "He left a note" Bonnie spoke in between scoops of cereal. "He left early and he'll be late."

     "What's new."  The brown-skinned girl sighed as she put her bread in the toaster.

     "We have to get Elena in." She changed the subject as she checked her watch: "Eight minutes, make sure you eat."

     Taking the toast out of the toaster, she added the avocado to it and said, "I can just take my toast with me so we're not late."

      "Do you have the keys?"

     "Yup, in my right pocket. Do you have your phone?" She perked her eyebrows up at her.

     "Yes, I do, do you?"

     "Yup, let's go."

     The drive to Elena's house was quite short. The only thing heard was the radio blasting a soft melody through the speakers, the toast crunching from the backseat, and the gentle breeze whistling as the eldest twin drove down Wickery Bridge singing along.

     The Toyota Prius pulled into the driveway of the pretty white home. The Gilbert girl rushed out of the door looking flushed, with an apple and bag in one hand, rushing them to leave. While in the car, the three girls caught up with one another.

"My grams is saying I'm a physicist; I wasn't buying it until I remembered my great accuracy—I predicted Obama, Heath Ledger... there has to be more though."

Getting no response from her friend or her sister, she looks at them through the mirror, seeing they both dozed off, "Elena and Imani, are you listening?"

"Uh, yeah," Imani responded, even though she was distracted by a crow that tried to get her breakfast.

"You were saying bons." Her friend mumbled.