01.

────2009────   flashback  Three months before junior year    ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆   ──────────

────2009────
flashback
  Three months before junior year
   ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆
   ──────────

Chapter one. When Damon met Imani

     DAMON SALVATORE STOOD IN THE SHADOWS of the woods as he watched the two girls who sat on the curb intensely. He thought he was dreaming, it couldn't be. There in the dark of night sat two girls who looked exactly like Katherine and Kalen. He was shocked to say the least. He wondered who they were and he had to.

     "Are you sure you don't want a ride? My parents wouldn't care." Elena offered Imani, fixing her coat before getting up. Her parents car drove in the parking lot.

     "No it's ok Lena, I'll just ask Tyler after he cools down." Imani answered, clutching her phone to her chest to keep her warm.

     Mr. Gilbert's car pulled up in front of them, smiling at her gently, and Imani welcomed her parents back with a smile and hello. Giving Elena a teddy bear hug, she watches as she gets into the car. In the back of the car, you could see Elena waving back to her with a smile on her face. She sat down after the tires screeched down the street.

     The only sound heard was the cold wind blowing. Clicking on her sister's number she texted her to ask if she could pick her up because Tyler was taking forever.

     THE RAVEN HAIRED SALVATORE made his presence known, surprising the young girl with his voice, "Kalen?"

     "No I'm Imani."

     "Oh, sorry, I thought you were someone else." He softly spoke, eyes flickering to her exposed arms. She was obviously cold, hence why she kept rubbing her arms up and down.

     "Why are you here all by yourself?"

     "Why are you by yourself?" She mocked him, laughing to herself, but stopped as she looked into his eyes, his piercing eyes looking into hers. "I was supposed to be with my friends partying, but my boyfriend and I fought, so here I am."

     "About what?" He wondered, even though he already heard their fight; he just wanted her to talk.

     "Just about us. He wants a future—a trophy life, like his parents." She scoffed, just thinking about it. She didn't know if she wanted that, though.

     "It's OK to not know what you want." He tried to reassure her.

     "And how do you know what I want, Mr.?" She snarled, pushing her arms up to her chest.

     "You want someone who is passionate. Someone who makes you feel alive, vulnerable...You want someone who's a bit daring but brings out the best in you."

     With every word and stepped that he uttered, her breath hitched just a little. He could hear her heartbeat beating up and down. She glanced up at him, looking into his eyes, wondering how he knew. A random stranger understood her.

     Before she could respond, a honking noise was heard in the background, alerting her that her ride was here.

     Damon grabbed her arm before she could walk off to get to her ride. "I want you to make up with your boyfriend, and I want you to get everything you deserve, but for now you can't know I'm here. I don't want anyone to figure out I'm in town." He compels her and speeds away back into the woods. He watches as she got in the car leaving.

     It seems like Mystic Falls isn't as ominous as he thought.