intro // the bookshelf

disclaimers:

This story contains mentions of the K-Pop industry and the Western Pop industry. Whatever information alluded to is based off of my minuscule knowledge and adapted to fit to the storyline. It is not a reasonable description because I do not work in either industry.

Mental health is a major part of the plot. If any of that is triggering, please refrain from reading for your own safety.

There are idols used as characters. I do not claim to use then, they are simply a face to put to my writing. Personality is based loosely. Please remember that this is a work of fiction and anything the characters do and say is not real.

This is a male x male book. If that makes you uncomfortable, abstain from reading. I am not assuming nor forcing a sexuality on any of the idols mentioned.

⋆。°✩♬ ♪

off of the deep end

Their story started in fall. The season of beautiful change, of warm hugs and coffees over a good book. Seeking a quiet place to hide, a celebrity acts on an impulsive decision for the first time in years. The risky endeavor could as well be his biggest mistake, and he knows that. But what he didn't know was that his little impulsive detour would fully reroute the course of his life.

Set out for fame, Lee Felix had discarded the last scraps of humanity and lost himself in the journey. He took a step too far off of his spotlit pedestal, reached for fame and left who he was far behind. On the outside, he was picture-perfect, blessed with beautiful looks and an abnormally high voice with the same vocal range as a female soprano. But truly? Felix was a fucking mess, a chaotic scramble of unorganized puzzle pieces that didn't fit perfectly together.

He needed someone to pick up those pieces, to take the time to carefully snap each edge and corner together to pierce back his heart.

Changbin was only a bookstore employee. Nothing special, just another cashier to stare at for a few brief seconds while they bagged your purchase. He didn't crave a grandeur lifestyle, satisfied with the simple but pleasurable life he lived. Unlike Felix, he never admired the stars floating above and craved to feel the opportunities they offered. Changbin cared for the people who made their way into his heart, showing them with all of the love and affection he had.

In wasn't likely that these two would stumble upon each other. Their own separate worlds worlds spun in different directions, but a twist of fate lead Felix into that bookstore one day.

Led him into the arms of the person who could make him whole once more.

⋆。°✩♬ ♪

101k words | completed June 6th, 2023 ✔️