16. stars above our heads

give or take, it's been about two months since they originally met^^
thought it needed a clarification since i haven't been that specific

***

stargazing // the neighborhood

The rooms hidden behind the stage were white. Alabaster, a shade only residing naturally in the cleanest possible places. The dull brightness of the overhead lights merged with the walls to create a blinding shade of pure white, triggering a headache in Changbin's skull. Still, he stayed reclined on one of the grey couches littering the break room, staring attentively at the TV streaming live from the cameras situated around the stage, displaying an empty stage. Staff hurried around, swiveling large racks of clothing around and sorting through the stuff left abandoned. They'd only allowed Changbin into the chambers once Felix was out, the idol presumably roaming the vast intricacies behind the stage and preparing for the upcoming concert. While he would have loved to give Felix a pep talk or a hug, he supposed it was a fair idea if he posed a distraction.

The screen fixated on an empty stage, with fans gossiping on the sides. The lights weren't out yet, and even from the camera angle it was evident that there was an incredible amount of fans there. Not that surprising if Changbin had to think about it, because Felix really was that big.

Changbin observed his surroundings a bit more, noting on the small interactions between the staff: a small laugh between two coworkers, a gentle hand on the small of the back to steer someone out of the way. He was dragged out of his surveying when the TV blared with the enthusiastic cheers of thousands of fans.

The screen depicted the currently darkened stage, the shimmer from fan's frantically waved light sticks the only pop of color. Until the dramatic beat of a song sounded, and pink lights suddenly flooded the stage, mist seeping from machines hidden and fans shrieking in tones rivaling those of a kindergarten gifted ice cream.

The first people to flood out were men dressed in dark clothes: black sweats, black shirts, the only recognizable thing being a bright pink bandanna that wrapped around their heads. They fanned out in a v-shape, mimicking a flock of birds as they stood with their hands clasped, a spot empty in the middle of their midst.

The pink lights dimmed, mist flowing at a furious pace as a single spotlight illuminated the stage, outlining a figure dressed in a bedazzled pink suit. The camera panned in on him, showing the expertly done makeup and his full outfit. Rhinestones were glued to the inner corners of his eyes, sparkling in the spotlight and illuminating his soft features. The collar of the simple white shirt under his pink blazer had the top two buttons undone, showing enough of his neck to show off the filigree silver necklace draped around the delicate skin of his collarbones.

Felix looked breathtaking. And it seemed that the fans agreed with Changbin, because they accomplished the impossible and raised their screams even higher and louder.

Felix took his sweet time sauntering to the center position the dancers had left for him, relishing in the screams from hid enthusiastic fans.

Despite the mic fastened to the side of his cheek, Felix accepted a shining pink mic handed to him by one of the dancers closest to him. He studied it for several seconds, as if to check its authenticity, before holding the object to his lips, and waiting. Waiting to exhale, waiting to release the first note from his lips coated in glimmering pink gloss, waiting as the fans grew impatient and Changbin leaned forwards on the couch, watching in a trance as Felix's lips parted but made not a single sound.