12. decisions

friends // chase atlantic

"I have to go."

"What?"

"No time to explain, go without me."

Leaving Jisung in the dust with nothing but a vague explanation, Changbin took off for the stadium.

Except, when Changbin reached the supposed back of the stadium, he fully realized the consequences of his impromtu descision and how much he didn't know. For one, how was he getting home? And also, explaining to Jisung would require loads of lies. Not to mention, where the fuck was the "back"?

Pulling out his phone from where it resided drowned in the fabric of a pocket situated on his thigh, he quickly sent a few texts to Felix, asking the idol to elaborate. Soon after, messages from Felix streamed through, apologizing for the lack of specifics and directing Changbin to a door that blended in with the wall.

Knocking on the door with three brief raps, a imposing man in a suit opened up the door and stared Changbin up and down. While certainly having an threatening aura, the guard looked young, around Changbin's age, and had a strikingly beautiful face. Eventually, when the staring had gotten to the point where Changbin started to quiver, the guard stopped his glaring and ushered the poor man inside.

He led Changbin through a snaking corridor, with closed doors lining the side and an absence of windows, and stopped at the end. A door stood there, painted in a bland shade of white. Fishing a key from a pocket in his suit jacket, the guard unlocked the door and escorted Changbin inside.

Staff rushed around the brightly lit room, rifling through hangers full of clothes or sorting through shelves near bursting with makeup. There were dozens of people, dressed in unassuming colors and hidden behind masks, all occupied with jobs.

It was at this point where Changbin fully realized how famous Felix was. Sure, the immense stadium filled with tens of thousands of screaming fans certainly helped the visual of the bookshop customer being a famous celebrity, but Felix seemed so otherworldly preforming. It was much easier to comprehend seeing staff and security than a man preforming so angelically he seemed like a divine being.

The guard took off again, Changbin hurrying off in his wake to catch up with the man's long legs. They weaved around bustling people, avoiding carts full of supplies that were being wheeled around. After struggling to keep up with the man's fast pace and nearly bumping his hip on several counters, the guard finally stopped, Changbin almost crashing into his back.

Peering out tentatively from behind the guard, Changbin noticed a familiar head of lavender curls. He sat next to a mirror, a staff member diligently wiping off his makeup. The guard cleared his throat, Felix swiveling around in response to the song.

The idol had ditched the suit jacket for the starched white shirt underneath, several upper buttons undone to expose his neck. While the gloss and tint on his lips still shone, the rest of his face was clear, allowing his freckles to shine through. Despite looking exhausted and having his face and neck shining with sweat, he looked overjoyed to see the pair. Smiling a dazzling grin with all of his perfect white teeth exposed, Felix hoisted himself out off the chair and ran towards the two.

He flung his arms around Changbin's neck, the guard moving respectfully to the side. Changbin froze up, surprised about the contact as Felix buried his face in Changbin's neck. Carefully, his hands came to settle on the sides of Felix's waist.

"Thank you for coming," Felix murmured, words muffled by the cloth of Changbin's tank top.

"Of course."

Removing his face from the pillow of Changbin's neck and shoulder, Felix asked nervously, "Did I do okay?"

"You did amazing."