19. singing together

cupid- twin ver // fifty-fifty

Flashing neon lights awaited the two, expelling the lingering shadows. Automatically, Changbin assumed that the idol had taken him to one of the many bars lining the streets of Tokyo— but the glimpses of the interior dispelled his assumptions. Bright baby pink letters spawned over the doorway, the labeling in two languages he couldn't read, but recognized as English and Japanese characters. Through the faded glass, a long corridor with rooms and glances spanned behind a waiting desk, instead of a bustling crowd dancing in front of a bar set with towering shelves full of alcohol.

Holding open the door courteously to allow Changbin to walk inside, Felix headed directly to the desk in the front. He spoke to the woman in Japanese while Changbin idled in the back and pretended to study the obscure words covering a poster taped on the wall.

Soon enough, Felix returned to Changbin's side, his fingers brushing into the elder's shoulder to signify his reappearance. When he turned around to answer the idol, Felix's eyes crinkled up in a comforting smile.

Via a hand placed gently on the middle of Changbin's back, Felix steered them after the woman guiding in front. They stopped in front of one of the many doors lining the hallway, the woman bowing to the pair and abruptly leaving back to her desk.

Intrigued, Changbin waited in baited silence as the idol creaked the door open. Inside was a medium-sized room. Couches lined the walls and faced a large screen, and wooden a table lay in the center with a menu placed upon it. It was a place Changbin had only been in once before from Jisung's begging— a karaoke booth.

"I hope this is okay," Felix mumbled nervously. "It's a nice place to destress and hide my identity."

"No, this is great, I've been before and I had a blast. It's just.." Changbin trailed off.

"Just what?" Felix prompted.

"I'm not that good at singing and you're a fucking world class singer."

"I don't care, I would never judge."

"Okay."

"Do you want snacks or drinks?"

"Soju would be wonderful."

"Sure, let me order."

In record-breaking time, an employee knocked on the door bearing bottles of the requested drink and glasses. Felix thanked them profusely and handed them a slip of bills. Once the staff member had exited, Felix turned towards Changbin.

"Do you want to start?" He asked.

"Ah— no thanks."

Nodding his head in acceptance, Felix ambled over to the screen and started tapping buttons, switching the language to Korean and swiping through the extensive list of songs. Out of the glimpses of songs that he saw, Changbin recognized only a few— his aversion to modern music coming back to bite him in the ass. After a bit of scrolling, Felix found a song he deemed suitable.

The album cover flashed across the screen, depicting a blond man lounging across the hood of a hot pink car that matched the shade of the clothes the blonde had worn. Tearing his eyes away from the rhinestones twinkling on the seams of the blonde's clothes, Changbin studied the song name inscribed unassumingly underneath: Felix — The Fourth Full Album: Under the Midnight Sky.

"Is that your song?" Changbin questioned, the obvious answer hovering directly in front of him.

"Yup! It's from around two years ago. I hope you're ready for your own personal concert."

Changbin settled against the couch, "Bring it on."

"Fuck, now you've got me nervous. How am I supposed to impress Mr. Seo Changbin?"