Chapter 2

Luna's POV

Dante and this Nero guy are now facing each other, aiming their guns straight at one and another. I gotta admit that this Nero is sort of absolutely strangely attractive. But I'm definitely not gonna watch him fight Dante. Dante's like the older brother I've never had and I owe him my life. So even though I might not enjoy hurting this good-looking stranger, I am going to fight by Dante's side.

I draw my katana, the Echelon and move forward to enter the fight. But Dante stops me with a firm voice.

"Luna, this isn't your fight, stay out of this!"

I do as he says without arguing. A part of me is actually quite happy that I don't have to fight Nero. I definitely would not have enjoyed hurting him. Then Nero speaks up.

"You got a jacked up notion of fair play, pal, and it's beginning to piss me off."

I am surprised, when Nero starts shooting at Dante and he doesn't actually do much to avoid getting hit. I hate seeing him taking those bullets, but I force myself to remain calm and not to enter the fight. I know that Dante has a plan, he always has one. Then all of a sudden, he starts to fire back and now it's Nero's turn to take bullets. Well, he actually dodges them, by jumping out of the way and to some pretty good side rolls. Still, he does get hit a few times and I immediately realize that something about him is not entirely human.

That's also when I realize what Dante is doing. He is testing Nero. He is trying to find out what abilities he has and how strong he really is. I think that Dante knows more about Nero than he's told me. Well, actually he hasn't told me anything. But I just know that he somehow is not surprised by meeting Nero.

Nero runs out of bullets once again and does some trick to reload his gun. What a show-off. I giggle quietly as I see his expression when he realizes that Dante has disappeared while he was reloading. Nero sends me a glare and I nearly expect him to point his gun at me now that Dante's gone, but he doesn't. Instead he gazes to the side out of the corner of his eyes, to see Dante stepping out from behind the damaged statue, Rebellion resting on his shoulder.

"I guess, this doesn't quite cut it."

Nero mumbles. Then he grabs a sword that has been lying on the floor. Then he continues to speak, words directed to Dante.

"What's the point of packin' a sword like that, if you aren't even gonna use it?"

Dante just looks at him, placing the tip of his sword on the ground in front of him. Now the two of them are in the same position again. The only difference is that Nero is wielding his sword with his left arm, unlike Dante. But Nero's right arm is in this thick bandage. I wonder what kind of injury he has...

"Guys, really?"

I ask them, slightly hoping that they would just stop being this stupid and just start talking to each other. Then again Dante has just killed this guy – his Holiness. And I think Nero just wants to do the right thing and stop the in his eyes crazy killer.

"Yes, Luna, really." Dante tells me. I sigh annoyed.

Then the two of them race at each other and Dante places a strike on Nero that sends him flying backwards some meters, right at my feet. He quickly gets up again, letting out an angry growl. Then he fights back, placing some pretty good strikes on Dante. Dante is playing with him. He blocks some of his strikes, then takes some and finally fights back again sending Nero flying backwards all over again. Then the whole story starts again. But I admit I'm a little impressed by Nero's next trick. He places his next strike on Dante in one specific way, catapulting both of them high up in the air.