Chapter 16

Luna's POV

We continue our way to headquarters and I really hope that we won't have to fight any more demons. Usually I'm always up for a good fight, but right now we have way more important things to do. Suddenly, Nero stops in his tracks and signals us to stop too. I stare at him trying to figure out what's wrong.

"Someone's coming." He says, his hand on the hilt of his sword.

Immediately, I draw my katana and also try to scan my surroundings. Dante does the same, but he relaxes again soon.

"I know that presence, Nero. There's no need to worry, it's Trish." He tells him.

I smile at Dante's words. We really need every single sword and Trish is not only a good fighter, she also might have some new information for us since I know that she's been spying on the order. A second later, she appears between the trees and walks up to us.

"Hi guys." She says cheerfully. "Luna, I see you still have the cutie with you. Good choice."

I laugh at her and also at Nero's irritated expression. "It's good to see you again, Trish."

I walk up to her and greet her with a hug. Then Dante raises his voice.

"Did you find out anything?"

"Actually, I did. I found out a lot and you probably won't like it one bit. But still I have an actual plan how we can stop all of this mess."

"But isn't that good news?" Nero asks her confused.

Trish smiles at him bittersweet and I know that it probably scares him a little. Trish can be really creepy, but it's just show. She's a great person.

"It depends on whether you would call it good news getting your ass handed to you for as long as I say."

"Okay, spit it out. What's your glorious plan?" Dante questions clearly not wanting to waste any more time.

"Okay so this guy, Sanctus or His Holiness or whatever you wanna call him. He is the one we need to kill since he wants to enslave the human world. That much you figured and I know what you did in that church. But it didn't kill him and you probably know that already. Sanctus is immortal as long as his demonic machine which he calls the 'Savior' is not destroyed. There is a connection between him and this machine. So he would also know if we destroy it which is not as easy as it sounds but it is possible." Trish explains.

"Nobody said it would be easy. So how do we do it?" Nero asks.

"We can't destroy the Savior without having to fight Sanctus. But we have one advantage. We are four. So we will split up." Trish begins.

My heart skips a beat and I can feel a bad feeling creeping through my body. Splitting up. On the mission I had almost died. The mission she had saved me... Dante and I split up. Trish had found me by accident. She'd just been on her way to the 'Devil may Cry' office and she'd heard my fight. But I had learnt one thing. Splitting up was never good.

Trish laid her hand on my shoulder.

"Don't worry. No one will be on his own. The two of us will destroy the Savior while Dante and Nero will attack and fight Sanctus. But you guys won't try to kill him. You only keep him preoccupied until Luna and I meet up with you guys again." Trish finishes with her explanation.

"That's your plan?" Dante asks. "I don't like it. You basically say I should fight a demon-freak-guy, but not try to kill him and instead just try to get beat up and not get killed? Wonderful. Why don't you fight him, pretty girl?"

Trish grins at him. "First of all because I know how to destroy that machine and you don't. And secondly, as you said my face is much too beautiful to get beat up. So get over it."

I look at Nero and I gotta admit that I am scared as hell. I don't wanna lose him and I hate the thought of him having to fight for his life and at the same time not being able to defeat his enemy. I am probably more worried about him than it is good for me. He glances at me and gives me a reassuring but also reckless smile which doesn't calm me down at all.

"Let's do it! Let's kick his shitty little demon ass!" He says confidently.

I groan silently. Boys will always be boys and they will always risk their lives.

See? I am on time with updating! The last time I updated was exactly seven days ago. I am currently working on the last chapters of this story. So you see, it comes to an end. I once said that there might be a sequel, but for now, there won't. However, thank you for reading. 

Please let me know what you think about Trish showing up again! I kind of like her character and I hope that you do, too. Seperating ways... what do you guys think about that? Maybe not everyone will meet again, I don't know yet... 

-M