Chapter 12

Luna's POV

We've been fighting our way through a seemingly endless maze of tunnels and rooms of the castle. We are actually trying to find Dante, but first of all, we gotta get out of this stupid building and I think it's safe to say that I hate old castles. Finally, we reach a bridge that leads away from this icy palace. I step on the bridge, attempting to cross it.

"Do you actually know where this leads?" Nero asks me.

"I have no idea, but it definitely leads away from this place and hopefully to a warmer one. Besides, Dante isn't here, so chances are good that we rather find him by crossing this bridge." I grin at him.

"Um... you do remember what happened when we crossed our last bridge, right?"

"Yep, I do, actually." I smile slightly, remembering the feeling of being in Nero's arms when he saved us both.

Nero frowns. "And you still wanna cross this bridge?"

I roll my eyes at this. "I am not afraid of a bridge, Nero. Besides, if we fall, I have you to save me, right? Are you coming or not?"

"I have the feeling that I'm gonna regret this one day..." He groans.

"What? Crossing a bridge? Don't be ridiculous."

"Going with you. You are a trouble magnet."

"But you still like me." I tell him cheekily.

He shakes his head slightly and follows me anyway. This time, the bridge doesn't decide to crash down and we reach some sort of a tunnel instead. I smile, when I feel the air getting much warmer again. I don't like the cold. It just bothers me in a way, it doesn't feel as comfortable as higher temperatures. Maybe that's my human instincts telling me how to survive...

We leave the tunnel and find ourselves in a forest. But it's not the forest that's catching my attention. It's a very well-known demonic aura. Dante. I can't help but grin, considering I have chosen this past hoping to find him even though I didn't know he was here.

"Dante!" I call out.

The tall man in the red coat is standing at the edge of a cliff and turns around when he hears my voice. A grin appears on his face when he sees the two of us approach him.

"Luna, good to see you. And you brought the kid with you."

Nero narrows his eyes at that.

"Watch your words, old man." He fires back.

"Guys, seriously? Haven't we already been through that?" I question them, annoyed.

Really, if these two wouldn't be always mocking each other, they'd be the best friends.

"Dante, I think you should dig in your family history because I am pretty sure Nero here is a long lost relative of yours." I tell my friend straight ahead.

"What? What do you mean?" Dante asks confused.

"He wields your brother's sword and it adds to his powers. Apart from that he has a devil trigger and there's something about his demonic aura that is just... special." I explain myself.

Nero just stares at Dante, waiting for answers. Dante shook his head.

"It's not possible. Sparda had only two children. Vergil and me."

I roll my eyes at Dante.

"Dante, this doesn't make it impossible. When have you seen your brother the last time? When have you seen him at all? I mean come on, you have to admit that it makes sense."

"Nero, who are your parents?"

Hi everyone! So here's the next chapter. Who are Nero's parents, what do you think? Dante and Nero still don't get along the best... But boys will always be boys and what would we laugh about if they didn't get in their little fights anymore.

However thank you for reading and till next time.

-M