Chapter 13

Nero's POV

"Nero, who are your parents?"

What am I supposed to answer? I mean, do I really just say that I've been adopted because my mother died giving birth to me and my father obviously didn't want me since I don't even know his name? I think of what to say and my eyes meet Luna's. She looks at me softly and I finally answer the question.

"I... I don't know. My mother died and my father never showed up." I curtly say.

Dante looks at me for a few minutes before cursing under his breath. His eyes hold anger and I instantly take a step back.

"This is bad... Ugh, if I hadn't already put him to hell, I would definitely kill my brother now."

"What the hell is going on? Mind some explaining?" I interrupt him.

"Luna is right. I can feel in your aura that you're a descendant of Sparda. And since I don't have any kids... I think you might be my brother's son."

I widen my eyes. I... I have a father? Wait – he just said that he put him to hell, right?

"So... you're telling me, that I have a father, but you killed him?" I ask in a threatening voice.

"He tried to destroy the human world. I had not much of a choice." Dante answers.

"And why is this so bad? Me being his son – if it is even true." I go on and I can't completely hide the fact that I am a bit hurt by his words. C'mon he just found out that he most likely has a nephew and all he says is that it's bad?! That hurts.

"Because now you are in danger, too. This creep in the church, Sanctus, he is still alive. He built a demonic machine and he needs the blood of Sparda to start it. That's why they are hunting me, but now they are hunting you too, if they find out you've got the same blood in your veins. So we need to keep this a secret."

"Umm... Dante... I think it might be too late for that." Luna says and I can feel my heart sink.

A frown finds its way on my face and I look at the dark haired girl. Dante has a serious expression on his face and he studies her with a questioning look.

"What do you mean?"

"Nero awoke Yamato, and that Agnus guy saw it. He's part of the order and he got away. Maybe he doesn't know about the fact that only someone with the blood of Sparda can do that... but he will report this and Nero's gonna be hunted." She states.

Can this actually get any better? Now the people of the Order – the ones who are supposed to be the good guys – hunt me down. And wanna use me in a machine? What am I gonna do? And how can His Holiness still be alive? I saw Dante put a bullet in his head. This doesn't make any sense. None of this does! My breathing quickens and I can feel my body shake with a sudden rage...

"Nero, calm down. Remember what I told you? You need to control your rage. You can't go in full devil trigger mode right now. You gotta control it!" Luna tries to tell me.

My vision is turning red and I can't help it. I can't control it, no way.

"I CAN'T" I growl through gritted teeth.

Okay, so Nero is having some problems with his devil trigger. I really like that idea because in my opinion it is so weird that he just deals with everything so easily. Of course in a game you can't just let him have problems with his own abilities, but still.

So in this story that's something that is going to be different. Dante is going to help Nero with his demon powers and this is also going to influence the story. Nero is not chasing after Dante anymore. Now he has really changed sides and is trying to find out what the Order wants.

thanks for reading

-M