Chapter 15

Nero's POV

We are on our way to the Order's headquarters, when suddenly, I hear something... or better I sort of feel something. This is really confusing. I stop in my tracks. We've reached a clearance in the woods and I scan the area for a threat. Something is here, I know that for sure.

"Oh crap. Can't these demons let us alone for once?" Dante says and with that he confirms that I am right. Something is here.

Luna raises her katana and frowns. I narrow my eyes at a spot between the trees. Something has moved, that much I know. The next second, a huge green snake speeds towards us. But it's not only a snake. Instead of a head, there's a woman, sort of.

"Ugh, what the hell is this?" I exclaim.

"I don't care. It's a demon that is in my way, so I'll get it out of my way." Luna tells me and charges at the snake.

Dante laughs, shaking his head, then he joins the fight. Refusing to just stand there and watch, I also draw my sword and proceed in placing various hits on the demon. The demon is definitely a strong one, but being the three of us, we easily defeat it. When we've sent it back to hell, we all gather again. Luna is staring at me and I am about to ask her why, when she tells me.

"Nero... you're triggered."

For a second I frown, but then I realize that there really is the power flowing through my veins that I only feel, when my trigger is kicked in. I shake my head and take a few deep breaths, trying to concentrate on being human. A great wave of relief washes over me, when I succeed in making my devil trigger fade again without any further problems.

"Well, seems like you are getting better. At least you know how to get rid of it now. The only thing that's left is learning how to actually use it and how to control when it kicks in." Dante tells me.

I know that he is right... I can't just let this devil trigger kick in without me knowing. I mean, what if I'm fighting in the middle of a city with many people to watch? They would probably think I am a demon and I just wanna hurt them, too. Besides, I don't wanna always fight with the devil trigger because I am afraid that if I do, I will lose my good skills and one day I might face a really dangerous enemy and actually need both my skills and my trigger.

"Are we ready to get going?" Luna asks me, taking my hand to get me out of my thoughts.

I look into her eyes and nod.

"Yes, I'm ready."

Every time I look at her, a wish rises in me. I don't want her to keep fighting forever. I want her to settle down. No, I don't really want her to settle down, but rather settle down with her. I know that I will probably always hunt demons, but I also want to have a life. I want to have a place to come home to.

Okay guys, here is the next short chapter. I know that my chapters are always super short, but at least I manage to update regulary this way. Sooo, Nero wants to have a place to come home to even though he knows that he will probably always be in the demon hunting business. 

-M