20.

Abhimaan's eyes fell onto the petite figure lying on their bed.

He planted a soft kiss on her forhead before going downstairs only to see his mom fuming while her dad was trying to calm her down.

But he knew how his dad is holiding himself together from bashing.

"No way, Shiv. How can they do that to her? I'll complain againt them to the police." Geeta fumed pacing around.

"You can do whatever you want. But Geet, calm down first." Shiv made her sit on the couch and passed her the glass of water to drink.

"How's she now?" Shiv asked as soon as his gaze fell onto him.

He came forward saying "To be honest, not good. Her fever has went down a little since then. But I don't even want to mention how bad her emotional health is." He sighed sitting beside Geeta holding his head in hands while his elbows were placed on his knees.

"Abhi, don't worry. We'll have everything settled down. I'll make sure to ruin them." Geeta said. "They have hurted my only daughter. We'll not leave them."

He just nodded without saying anything.

"Did you both eat anything? Abhi it's been a quite since you both came home. You both skipped lunch." Geeta concerned.

"Go upstairs and see if she woke up or not. I'll send lunch." She lightly patted his back as he nodded and stood up to went upstairs.

Just as he opened the door of his room, his heart wrenched in pain as he heard her soft whimpers.

Swiftly, he went beside her caressing her cheek lightly.
"Arshu, shh....you're safe baby." Taking her in his arms, he hugged her tightly whispering sweet nothings in her ear.

She slowly opened her eyes only to forst see his face.
"Maan." She whispered.

"Shh...you're safe. I'm here with you. Okay?" He said wiping her tears that she didn't even notice were falling from eyes.

Moving her gaze around, she found that they are now in their room.

She just rested her face on his broad chest and clutching his shirt in her hands as if he'll go away if she didn't.

His manly scent was calming her as if it was telling her that he's here and she's safe in his arms.

And the truth is that she do feel safe with him.

"You will not ask what happen?" She asked in a low voice.

"Baby, whenever you're ready, you can tell me. If you're comfortable then you can tell me. Though whoever did it has been taken care of." He hugged her tighter and covered both of them with the blanket.

"You know, I was always b-bullied in my high school." She started to say.

"Arshu, you don't have to tell anything baby if you're not comfortable. I'll wait for you even it means forever." He again kissed her forhead wiping her tears but she shook her head lightly whispering "I want to tell you."

"Th-they called me names like those girl did today. Slut, bitch, whore and what no more. I was in depression and mom's death only made it worse than ever. I-I stopped going out. I used to hide my body from everyone because t-they made me insecure about my own self. I stopped eating and started skipping meals because they made me believe that I was not pretty or skinny enough. There was a time when, when I-I wanted to die." She said crying her heart out in his arms.

Abhimaan's heartbeat nearly stopped as he heard her last line.

It was as if oxygen escaped out of his lungs after listening to her words about her past.