5. Rants

The door then opened revealing one of the bodyguard so I started walking over to the door. 

"hey" Rafe spits trying to make me stop. 

"I need to talk to Mr. Singh. I have something to tell him. It's urgent" I breath looking at Rafe one last time before getting dragged down the stairs. 

"I have the diary. Not the original, but I get you a copy" I state to Mr.Singh standing in front of his desk. "I'm relieved to hear you say that you know. May I offer you something to eat?" He asks popping a grape into his mouth and pointing to it. 

I nod my head no "I'm not hungry"

"Relax. Nothing's gonna happen to you now. You're cooperating. and I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable, you know" Mr.Singh says clearly able to see me a nervous wreck. 

"I just want to get you what you want, and then I want to leave. Look, I know where it is. But I have to go by myself. Alone" I say fixing my posture, so I looked like I wasn't scared or nervous even though I was. 

"But how would I know that you'd come back? You know, I need some collateral" Mr.Singh chuckled. 

"Rafe's here. Keep him" I state very fast not even thinking before I spoke. "How did someone so young get into so much trouble?" Singh says walking behind me with his hands in his pockets.

 I turn around facing him before taking a deep breath "Look, I know where the diary is, and if you let me go, I promise you I can get it to you"

"You know, I built this fortune myself, you know, from nothing. absolutely nothing. Do you know how that happened, Miss Hepner? Hmm? I can assure you It was not by being a fool. Don't waste my time. The diary holds the key to the ultimate conquest, and that, my young friend, Miss Hepner, is my destiny. So you need to tell me where it is, or I'm gonna--" Mr. Singh says his phone then ringing cutting him off which he was annoyed at. 

He then picked up his phone then started laughing "Amazing. a text from our friend Jimmy Portis. from beyond the grave, apparently. it seems Mr. Portis has captured your friends. Ryan!" 

My heart started racing as he showed me the phone and how it was a picture of John b and Sarah. The message says 'I've captured these two'. 

"Get the big trucks and meet me in the back. Fenton get Ms. Hepner" Singh says as the body guard grabbed me by the waste and started dragging me up the stairs. 

"Mr. Singh, Mr. Singh, please. Don't hurt my friends! Please! Please! Please don't hurt them!" I yell as I'm getting dragged up the stairs.

"That depends, Ms. Hepner" 

"Mr. Singh!" I yell out 

"We'll continue our chat later. I look forward to it, you know" Mr. Singh says walking away

"Please don't hurt them!" I yell out one more time before getting pushed into the room. I sit on the bed to try to catch my breathing. "What happened?" Rafe asks as I put my hands on my head. "You're gonna have to talk to me at some point. Okay?" 

"Do I have to remind you of everything you've done? You killed Peterkin. Do you remember that? And everything you've put Sarah through" I say finally looking up at him.

"Peterkin, I was protecting my father. Okay? I did what I had to, so.. don't. I'm as much a victim as she is. No, think about it. Okay? What did I get from shooting Peterkin, huh? Nothing okay? I and nothing against her. I mean, I.. I... I liked her. You think I wanted to make that choice, huh? What I did was a gift from me to my father for... for him, and I got screwed because of fit, okay? So don't get that look when I say I'm a victim, all right? I am! I will admit, though, what I... what I did to Sarah... What I tried to do, um.. What I tried to do to Sarah, I admit that was wrong.  I know that. All right? So you don't have to remind me" Rafe rants

"She was family. I should've never touched her, you know. I should've never touched her, but, you know, I just lost control in moments like that, and I don't know what happened. I'm trying... I'm trying to get better. Okay? It doesn't matter. All I'm saying is just that I'm not the bad guy you think I am, okay? But even if I was, even if I was just, like, bad Rafe Cameron or something...  you got no choice. You may... you may not want to trust me, okay, but I'm your best bet" Rafe sobs.

I shake my head, which he saw clearly because he crouched down in front of me placing his hands on my legs to hold himself up "Look. I got a boat that can get us off island, okay? But first, we gotta get out of here, and it is better. If we work together" Rafe says but getting cut off when we heard vehicles leaving and guards talking so I got off the bed and walked over to the window. 

"They're leaving?" Rafe asks still in the spot eh was previously in

"They're going to go find John B. and your sister" I breathy out walking away from the window panicking. 

"sucks for them. That's good for us though. This may be our only shot at getting out of here" Rafe says looking away from the window.

♡ ☆ ♡ ☆ ♡ ☆ ♡ ☆ ♡ ☆ ♡