17. Kitty Hawk

☆

     THEY ALL sat on the grass outside of the Chateau all night. It was gone. The Chateau had been burned down and they didn't know who or how it had started. They were just minding their own business.

They all walked over to the deck out on the lake and sat down on the seats and railing. Pope and Cleo left to try and convince Popes parents to let him leave again to help firm El Dorado, Kiara went home to convince her parents and JJ was leaving to god knows where so Avery ran after him.

"J, wait. You were saying something last night but didn't get to finish because of the fire" Avery speaks up her voice almost sounding like a whisper. It did that when she was nervous

"I'll tell you on the plane. So make sure you get on" JJ smiles at the girl as she started walking away.

"I'll hold you up on that" Avery smiles back her voice becoming regular instead of quiet.

Avery hopped off her bike and started walking up the stairs to her porch when a truck pulled up in front of the house which caught her attention as she stopped walking. A guy came out the car walking over to her "Hey, Avery. Come over I'm not gonna hurt you I just wanna talk to you"

Avery, began walking again "uh, no thanks" she then mumbled "stranger danger" as she went to open the door but it was locked so she began to knock getting more scared by the second "mom, dad?"

The door opened reveling a tall white male "who are you?" Avery asks as she stepped backwards.

The man walked closer "look this can go one of two ways"

Avery looked at the words on his shirt reading 'Kitty Hawk' "no no no  no" She walked backwards again but stopped when she bumped into the other guy.

Michelle then walked out the house "I'm sorry, sweetheart. We're sending you away for a while" she says her voice cracking as she tried not to cry" "they say that Kitty Hawk's the best. We're just trying to help you, it's not forever I love you"

"Wait what? Mom, no please" Avery pleads as she tried to pull her arm out of one of the guys grip but the other guy grabbed her other arm leaving her useless "Mom, you can't send me to wilderness cuckoo's nest. I said I didn't want to go" They dragged Avery down the steps and started walking through the open gate but Avery grabbed onto it.

"I don't wanna go" Avery screams as one of the guys pulled her hand off the fence "Mom, Dad please I'm sorry, please don't do this to me" Avery screams louder as tears started sliding down her face.

They threw Avery in the back of the seat closing and locking the door. Avery, started banging on the window "Mom, Dad please I said I'm sorry please" but it was no use they started driving off already.

Once they had driven off Michelle broke down in tears. She hated seeing her daughter like this but it was for her own good.

While all of that was happening JJ, Sarah, Kiara, JohnB, Cleo and Pope we're waiting for the brunette. JJ had convinced JohnB to give him an hour to get Avery. He parked in Avery's driveway as he got out the Twinkie, noticing Avery's parents sitting on the steps.

"Howdy, y'all. Lovely afternoon" JJ says looking around at the sky.

"JJ. Do not come on my property. Not even a little bit" Micheal warns the Pouge.

"Yeah, right. Umm, well. You know why I'm here, to see Avery, and, uh... well, we're supposed to hear from her, uh, but we haven't yet, so that's why-" JJ says stuttering a little bit.

"JJ, she's not here" Michelle speaks up leaning on the railing.

"Like I'm supposed to believe that? All right, um, well, then where is she?" JJ asks again wanting an answer.

"Let's just say you're not gonna see her for a while, all right?"Micheal states bluntly as she clapped his hands together.

"We sent her somewhere where she can try and rebuild what you and your friend destroyed" Michelle says honestly.

JJ rolled his eyes "You sent her to that wilderness camp?" They both nodded yes, as JJ scoffed  "god, y'all really are some Kooks. You gooned her. You gooned your own daughter?"

Micheal was about to run over to JJ and punch him but Michelle stoped her husband as the blond hopped back in the Twinkie and drove off. JJ was going to get Avery back no matter what it took.