11. Truce?

♡ ☆ ♡ ☆ ♡ ☆ ♡ ☆ ♡ ☆ ♡

LATER that day Avery had got a message from Kie telling her that Rafe is back in outer banks. What a coincidence, Avery thought. She then texted back asking if they had told JJ and Pope yet which they didn't so Avery had volunteered to tell JJ. She needed to talk to him anyways. After his outbreak this morning she had not talked to him.

Avery, put her converse on and snuck out her window since her parents wouldn't let her leave because they were so worried when Avery had disappeared for months. Once she got out her house successfully, she hopped into her car that she had not driven for months and drove to John B's house knowing JJ would be there.

When Avery, got there JJ was not there. No-one for that matter. Avery got out her car and sat on a chair that was outside and waited for JJ. It didn't take long for him to arrive. She watched him park his motorcycle, get off of it and call out for John B and whistle. but got no answer.

Avery took a deep breath then spoke up "Hey, J" The brunette says that came out more like a whisper as she stood up and gave him a quick smile before it faded.

JJ, looked at the brunette before taking off his hat "John B not here?" The blonde asks walking over to the short girl as she nodded 'no'. He then stopped right in front of her placing his hand on the pole beside him so he's leaning on it. "What up" The blonde asks not daring to look into the brunettes' eyes.

"Uh, Rafe's what's up" Avery says which made JJ finally look up at her.

"What do you mean?"

"Rafe's back in town. Sarah saw him" Avery admits as JJ huffed in frustration and walked behind Avery mumbling to no-one in particular "spectacular."

Avery turned around so she's facing JJ before she started speaking again "she overheard him saying that the cross is coming to Wilmington tomorrow night. Figured he must be trying to sell it"

JJ took off his hat mad "Great. does Pope know?"

"Yeah, Sarah went to tell him, he's locked down. and I guess John B and his dad went and got the Twinkie. They're off god Know's where" Avery states holding up the note they left behind as JJ walked over in front of Avery taking the note out of the brunette's grip and started reading it.

"Yeah, of course. Just when we need them. wait, hold on though. we know where the cross is gonna be. That means it's still on the field. So, we can come in and swoop. We're still in this, Ave, we gotta get everybody together, then we'll come up with a plan, get to Wilmington-" JJ rant's placing his hat back on and walked past by Avery and started walking to his motorcycle.

Avery walked after him "Hey, J, before we formulate some crazy plan, can we talk?" Avery asks as JJ stopped walking and stopped in his tracks and turned around to face Avery.

JJ took a deep breath clearly not wanting to talk but he didn't want to be a douche again, so he agreed "Yeah. Yeah, we can talk"

"Look I know something about on the boat between you and Kie and I don't care anymore and I know how when people get close you start to freak out. I don't blame you. Just don't say that I don't care about you. And you called me a Kook" Avery says the last sentence being sarcastic.

"Okay. well, hold on"

"Which is lame. It was uncalled for. It was a low blow" Avery adds on to what she was saying

"All right, Ave. Look, Ave" JJ starts saying as he placed both hands on Avery's shoulders "You're right. I flipped. You know how I be. Just, uh... just... look. we should just... just call it a truce. Just etch a sketch it, clean slate. Truce?" JJ asks taking his hand of her shoulders and fixed his hat.

Avery looked up at the boy and smiled "Truce" Avery held her hand out and they did the Pouges handshake.

They stared into each other's eyes his blue eyes looking into her honey dew eyes.

JJ looked away before anything could happen "So we getting the cross?" He asks as he walked away

"I don't know" Avery mumbles as she walked behind him like a lost puppy.

♡ ☆ ♡ ☆ ♡ ☆ ♡ ☆ ♡ ☆ ♡