𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐗𝐗 - 𝐍𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝

𝐗𝐗listen to the song while reading 🤍

𝐗𝐗
listen to the song while reading 🤍

"Dead?" I repeat. He carries on laughing, "The bomb exploded in the room she was locked into, of course she's dead." In disbelief, I forcefully shove him onto the concrete floor. I stare into his eyes for a moment, hatred running through my veins.

I raise up my gun meeting his bricked pale forehead, "Shoot me. She's dead anyways, isn't she?" He cocks his head to the side. My hands tremble as I latch onto the trigger, "The Don of the Bratva is shaking?" He laughs.

Leonardo walks towards us, holding his abdomen. "Boss! The job is done." He breathes heavily, "She's dead, the bomb worked. Let us go back now." He says unaware of our presence before him.

Nobody says anything which causes him to look up and his eyes widen. "Uhm." He gulps. "You are getting a raise, boy." Pablo chuckles. Rattle noises could be heard and Val makes an entrance, "You made the bomb?" She questions. Leonardo sighs as he whips his head to the sides and slowly nods his head.

My body runs cold and I can't seem to process anything. Leonardo made the bomb? How did Valentina get here? Is my girl really dead?

"When did you get here? It's not safe" Andrei asks. Just as Valentina was about to answer, Alexei tackles Leonardo to the ground, "You bastard!" Before he strikes a punch, Pablo stopped him. "You'll hurt him for nothing." He gruffly says. "What do you mean?" I imply, "I made him do it."

"You think I didn't know you were helping Zafina?" He asks Leonardo, "I've noticed a change in your body language since I held her captive for the first time. When you talked about the warehouse, I overheard it. Since you were Eli's cousin, I thought that was the perfect way to bring him in, and it made the job that much easier." He drags.

"Get to the point." Vlad seethes, "Okay, okay." Pablo rolls his eyes.

"Days after she arrived, I told Leonardo to make a bomb I would soon use to kill Zafina. He was reluctant but agreed." He stopped to breathe. I turned my gaze to Leonardo who was already staring at me. He agreed to hurt Zafina. Why? After everything Father had provided for him and his messed up family. His eyes were drawn to the ground as he sensed my anger beginning to build up.

"What Leonardo didn't know was when I would use it and after I found out that they were discussing about the warehouse, I thought it would be a good opportunity to plant a bomb in the room Zafina will be." He finishes. "And, it worked. His bomb worked!" He cheers with a grin.

Leonardo's face beams with pure guilt.

"Why?" I ask. Everyone in the room turns their attention on me but I keep my gaze on Leonardo. "I'm sorry." He manages to say, "I should've known."

"Ofcourse you should've you dumbass!" Vlad yells.

"He.. he manipulated me." Leonardo says, "How exactly?" Andrei crosses his arms over his chest. "He said he would hurt my family if I didn't do it."

"Why are you still protecting your family? They treat you like a pile of dirt in a landfill." Valentina questions expecting an explanation from him but he says nothing, "It's the love that he still has for them." I answer. "Anyways, my assignment is done and Zafina, mmm, is dead."

"What're you gonna do?" He turns his smile upside down mimicking a sad emoji. "This." Too fast for Pablo to react, Vlad raises up an axe that meets his head, splitting it in half.

His body lays flat on the floor, endless amounts of blood spill from his bald head. Vlad retreats next to me, "I don't know what to tell you, but you'll never know if she's dead or not if you don't go and see it for yourself."

Meeting his eyes, a single tear runs down my face. "Eli!" A familiar voice echoes from the disheveled door. I run towards it without wasting any time, pulling the bricks from the door that had been accumulated by the bomb. "Eli?" The voice sounds softer this time, almost as if they're helpless.

"Please help me." More tears run down my face, I pull down the last brick and unlock the door. I survey the empty chilly room. A broken light bulb shattered on the floor, a body lays on the mattress at the corner of the room which grabs my attention. "No." I whisper. When I get closer, there's a man laying on the torn bed, and I release a breath I didn't realize I was holding.

I look around in anticipation. I spot figure cuddled on the other side of the large room. Because of the darkness that evades the mere empty space, I can't see who it is. I walk closer and closer, each step I take has hope that it's her, Zafina. My love.

My breathing is evident now as I get closer, a rattling noise comes from behind me but I pay no mind. "Zafina?" I turn my attention to Vlad as he raises a torch at the girl. His eyes widen, I slowly turn my head back, and my eyes meet hers.