𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟏 - 𝐀 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐮𝐧𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐮𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝟐

I silently gaze at the water waiting for the horn to blow

I silently gaze at the water waiting for the horn to blow. Currently, the girls are sitting on the guys shoulders and they're the ones who will move against the water. Our only job is to throw the ball to the other side hard enough to the opposing team to make sure they fall into the water.

In our team it's Eli and I, Vlad and Kehlani. Our opposing team is Aleksander and Andrei, Valentina and Viktor.

"Before the game starts, I want to clarify it can get a little rough." Angelina says standing at the side of the pool. I glance at everyone to find Alexei staring at me. Like really staring at me.

I furrow my eyebrows at him and he silently laughs. He then raises his hand up to say something, "Zafina can't swim."

I immediately roll my eyes at his comment while everyone including Eli chuckles. "I'm pretty sure she can Alexei." Valentina says. "No, she can't. She drowned at our house."

Everybody bursted out laughing while I just sat there with a bored look on my face.

"Maybe we should head down to the kiddy pool, don't you think?" Alexei smirks and raises up his eyebrows looking at me, "Not too much." I shake my head.

"If you say so." He shrugs.

Before Angelina blows the horn she says, "Make sure you don't drown." While pointing at me and I scrunch my face, "Never."

When the horn blows she passes the ball to us and Kehlani catches it immediately throwing it to our rivals. They don't pay attention, it hits Val, making her swing her arms back and land into the water.

"Yeah!" Kehlani shouts and Viktor rolls his eyes. "That's not fair!" Val whines resurfacing. "Pay attention." Angelina says.

Valentina gets on Viktor's shoulder again. Angelina passes the ball towards Anya and she immediately throws it to hit me. I brace my chest for impact and I barely move an inch.

Eli picks up the ball from the water throwing it the the opposing team and it hits Viktor in the face, making him drop Valentina as he screeches in pain.

"Why'd do hit my face?" He yells, "Is that not part of the game?" Eli asks and Angelina just shrugs.

"So far, the team to the right has 2 points. On the other hand," She points to our opposing team, "The team on the leaf has zero!"

"This game sucks!" Anya says and I just laugh. "It sucks because ya'll are ass." I yell and their faces turn to stone. "Pass the ball." Alexei says and Angelina does.

He throws the ball towards me and it hits my neck with full force. I lean back due to the impact and Eli tries to hold my legs but I end up falling into the pool backwards.

I try to come up, but I don't.

This cannot be happening again.

Eli wraps his hands around my waist and hoists me up behind his back. I latch my hand onto my neck coughing out water.

"Are you okay?" Eli asks and I don't say anything because I'm still tryna get the water out.

Is it even water?

"Somebody almost drowned again." I hear Alexei say and I open my eyes to stare at him. He makes eye contact with me and looks away.

Eli sits me on the corner of the pool, "Does it hurt." He asks and I nod yes. He gently touches my neck and I hiss back in pain.

By my reaction, his face morphed into one of anger and he slowly turns back to face Alexei.

Alexei backs up and Eli gets out the water rounding the corner to where he is.

He bends down and latches his hands onto Alexei's shoulders, dragging him to the end of the pool.

He leans in closer to his face, "You hurt her." He seethes, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to." Alexei apologized.

Eli forcefully let go of him and Alexei turned around from all of us in regret as Eli walked back to me.

"Let's go to the hospital just incase." He says and I nod.

It was never that serious Alexei

It was never that serious Alexei.. 🌚

- y'all remember when she almost drowned in CHP 4? yea i decided to make a second version of that 😭