Therapy, Brawl & Monsters

(Quick AN, I am getting this out the way now, minor changes have been made, since of course reader is invovled.)

*The Next Day*

Weems takes Wednesday to her therapist, much to her dismay about the idea. Wednesday would rather be somewhere else to waste her time than talking to a 'doctor' who will most likely not listen. It was a quiet noon visit, again much to her dismay, she'd rather be in her dorm using this for her writing time. "Dr. Kinbott's office is on the second floor. Other Nevermore students swear by her." Weems says her smile still not dropping. Wednesday hates that smile on Weems. It looks forced. "You'll be here until I'm done?" Wednesday asks the tall woman who nods. "Perhaps afterwards we can visit the Weathervane for hot chocolate." Once again Wednesday speaks her mind. "Principal Weems, this feeble attempt at bonding is beneath you. And chauffeuring your students around is below your pay grade."

"Given your history, I'm sure you're intent on running away. I'm here to prevent that from happening. I wish you luck." Weems softly answers as she closes the door behind her. Damn you Weems. "I read the notes from your school counselor." The blonde haired therapist says to Wednesday who ignores her. "Mrs. Bronstein. She had a nervous breakdown after our last session and had to take a six-month sabbatical. Go ahead and take a seat." The therapist says hopefully easing into the conversation. "How did you feel about that?"

"Vindicated." Wednesday says coldly.

"But someone who crochets for a hobby isn't a worthy adversary."

"Adversary?"

"I hope we can forge a relationship based on trust and mutual respect." Wednesday scoffs at the therapists words.

"This is a safe space, Wednesday. A sanctuary where we can discuss anything. What you're thinking, feeling, your views on the world, personal philosophy." Kinbott states the pale teen. Wednesday turns to the blonde and almost immediately responds in a snarky comment, but to Wednesday it's her normal tone. "That's easy. I think that this is a waste of time. I see the world as a place that must be endured, and my personal philosophy is kill or be killed."

"So, for instance, when someone bullies your brother, your response is to dump piranha in the pool."

"You know the old saying, never bring a knife to a sword fight. Unless it's concealed."

"Point is, you assaulted a boy, and showed no remorse for your actions. That's why you're here. He lost a testicle."

"I did the world a favor. People like Dalton shouldn't procreate. I've answered all your questions." Ready to stand up and leave but Kinbott stops her. " We're not done yet. Therapy is a valuable tool to help you understand yourself. It can teach you new ways to deal with your emotions. It can also help you build a life that you want."

"I know the life that I want."

"Tell me about it. Everything said in these sessions is strictly confidential. Do your plans involve becoming an author?" For the most part. "I understand you've written three novels about a teen girl detective, Viper De La Muerte. Can you tell me about her?" Wednesday tilts her head and answers. "Viper is smart, perceptive, chronically misunderstood."

"Any luck getting your work published?"

"Editors are short-sighted, fear-based life forms. One once described my writing as gratuitously morbid, and suggested I seek psychiatric help." Kinbott hmmms in response.