my little sweetpea! | chap. 2

Quickly turning around, he saw no one behind him, weird. But then, he felt a certain clawing feeling at his leg and quickly looked down realizing it was one of his fathers prized corgis, and in fact his favorite corgi.

"Muick! What's up sweet pea? Have you had a good day?" America says in a baby voice, his mood taking a complete 180. Muick, or sweet pea as America liked to call the familiar corgi, sat down at America's feet responding in a small bark and tail wags.

The country knelt down, and violently began to pet the corgi, which caused his sunglasses to slide down his face a bit. Muick began to pant and close his eyes, clearly enjoying all the attention he was getting from his favorite person.

Muick and America go way back, ever since they were both very young and naïve. They basically adopted each other as emotional support and best friends. And because of those events that happened back then, America eventually gave his furry friend the nickname "Sweet pea" that seemed to always stick. Giving one of the royal corgis such a Southern American nickname always made him smile, and he also saw it as a big fuck you to his father.

"Always speak proper English, no matter the occasion." Hearing his fathers voice and words echo in his head, he laughed out loud, making Muick tilt his head to the side a bit. "Oh, sorry, shit maybe I am going crazy being in this shithole." America says towards the dog, a smile growing across his face.

"Eh, who am I kiddin'? Runs in the family I guess," he says, pausing mid-sentence forgetting what he was going to ask his furry friend. It took him a second, but as quick as his thoughts left him they returned. He clapped his hands together before speaking again.

"Oh, fuck, y'know this is going to make me think I'm even more insane honestly. But, do.. You know where the stairs are sweet pea..?" America couldn't believe what the actual fuck just came out of his mouth, but that's honestly alright, he just hoped no one heard him speak with a dog and him asking said dog for directions.

The dog seemed to understand his long time best friend and stood up, with America following his actions. America brushed himself off, making extra sure he still had his phone in his pockets, as he watched Muick spin around maybe 3 to 4 times before trotting off in the direction the country had previously come from.

The corgi was going somewhat fast, making America jog to catch up with his little legs. Muick looked behind him to make sure America was following close behind, with America giving the dog a small nod of acknowledgement.

Continuing the way the corgi was taking him, he passed by more workers for the palace and even saw some familiar faces from early on. As they continued their journey, turning into many hallways, America saw a particular group of workers. The evil ass maids that have worked in the palace ever since America could remember, and just his luck! The minute he entered the hallway still followed Muick, they all made eye contact.

America pushed up his sunglasses to try and make it seem like he wasn't, but deep down inside they all knew. And before he knew it they started talking amongst themselves, probably about him and whatever the fuck they think he's doing.

The group of maids started walking towards him, so he thought of a nice plan right before he left the building. A big ol' fuck you to this horrible group of evil ass old women and his father. America let out a low whistle, trying to signal to the dog to slow down a bit. Muick's head turned instantly towards the noise and stopped completely, waiting for America's next command.

The maids, still talking amongst themselves, watched this action and paid it no attention. Silly boy and his silly dog, right? Nothing suspicious at all! America's face lit up, a devious smirk now plastered on his face as he slowly walked up to where Muick was now sitting. The dog looked back at America, panting, wondering what he was going to do.