11. [When I Want All Of You But Afraid Of The Past]

"Sometimes we avoid someone not because we don't like them, but because we are afraid of falling even harder."

- Anonymous

{August POV---A month later.}

"August stop." Renee said whining

"Nope, you shouldn't have hit me in my face." I said messing with her hair

"I'm sorry." She said pecking my cheek

"What was 'dat? Give me a real kiss."

"No."

"Why not?" I questioned, growing confused.

"Because we aren't dating we are just friends." She said getting up from the couch causing me to get up and follow her into the kitchen.

"What happened to I like you August?" I asked

"When did I say that?" She asked turning around to face me

"You said it a few weeks ago Renee."

"I don't remember saying that." She responded, continuing her walk up the stairs. I followed closely behind her as I grew frustrated.

"So yeen mean what'chu said?" I questioned

"I do like you August. I just don't want anything from the past to get in the way of anything. I also don't want to ruin our friendship."

"We'll take it slow." I walked over to her, and pulled her closer to me. She looked up at me, while I looked deep in her brown eyes. I leaned down and kissed her slowly and she immediately kissed me back. I picked her up and sat her on the bed. I pulled away slowly still looking at her.

"O-Okay." She said panting a little. A blush stained her cheeks.

"Okay?" I asked for reassurance. She hesitated before slowly nodding her head yes.

{Renee POV--- a few days later.}

It's been a few days since I've agreed to take things slow with August. So far everything was going good, and I had only hopped it would continue to go the way I want it to.

"Baybeh?" August said coming into my room

"Hmm?" I hummed

"Come on, get up. Get dressed and pack a few clothes. I want ta' take you somewhea'." He said sitting next to me. I looked at him with a confused look on my face.

"Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise. Just get ready." He said before walking back out of my room. I shook my head at him, and got up and headed into my bathroom. I turned the water on and waited for the water to warm up before stripping out of my clothes and stepping in the shower.

£.£

"Okay, I'm ready to go." I said to August, once I made it downstairs with my suitcase. He got up from the couch, and grabbed my bags. I walked out of the door, following him to his truck. He opened the door for me, and I got in.

After making sure that I was settled in the front seat, he put my bag in the truck and got in the drivers seat, and started up the car, driving off away from my house. A comfortable silence filled the car, while the music on the radio played lowly.