17. [Where Tonight Is A Night To Remember]

"Never take someone's feelings for granted because you never know how much courage that they took to show it to you."

- Anonymous

{August POV December 31, 2015--- New Years Eve!}

"Replay 'dat shit." I told Knuck. Here I am sitting in the studio with my Chris listening to this song. I am highly frustrated to say the least. I'm hungry tired and I just want to be laid up in the bed with Renee right now but I got other plans for her.

"Aye nigga what's up with you and that girl you was in the magazine with?" Chris questioned me, looking at me with hooded eyes. We were both smoking a blunt, and we were high as of right now.

"Oh Renee? 'Dat's my baybeh. I'm takin' her out ta'night." I responded to him, smiling just thinking about her.

"Did she let you hit yet?"

"Nah man. It's not even like 'dat. She ain't one of those hoes I jus fuck and duck. She's been my friend since New Orleans. So now we ta'getha."

"Oh okay. I see you August. My man finally settling down." He said dapping me up.

"I'm proud of you man. But aye I got to go get back to my baby and my new friend soon to be girlfriend. I'll have to tell you about her another time. Maybe when I come back to Atlanta I'll bring her and me, you and the girls could hang out or something."

"Yeah man. Jus hit me up nigga. I'll catch you on 'da flip side." He grabbed all of his things before walking out the studio.

"Alright Knuck, I'm 'bout to head out too. I'll see you sometime afta' new years."

"Alright Yung. Happy New Years."

"Same to you." I grabbed my phone and car keys and headed out. I got in my Range Rover, and I put the key in the ignition, then dialed Renee's number. I pulled out of the parking lot while waiting for her to answer the phone.

"Helloooo!" Renee answered singing into the phone. I chuckled a little to myself before speaking.

"What are you doin' baybeh?"

"Oh nothing really just watching Netflix. My mom and dad went out somewhere, I guess to catch up with each other. So I'm just stuck at home." She responded. Even though I couldn't see her, I could tell she was pouting.

"Well I need fa' you to get dressed baybeh. We are goin' ta' go out fa' New Years Eve. Oh pack you an ova' night bag. Might not make it home ta'night." I said smirking.

"Okay babe. How should I dress, casual or formal? What time will you be picking me up tonight? Where are we go-." I cut her off before she could finish. She always rambled when she was nervous. A habit of hers I had noticed.

"Baybeh just where a dress or sum'. I'm not telling you where we are going, it's a surprise. I'll be 'dere 'round seven thirty so be ready." She sucked her teeth and sighed

"Alright August."

"Okay I'll see you lata' baybeh."

"Okay I love you." She said making kissing noises in the phone.

"I love you too." I said before hanging up. I slipped my phone back in my pocket and cruised down the street.

{Renee POV--- A Few Hours Later}

"Ughhh!" I groaned in frustration. I've spent the last few hours in my closet trying to find something to wear. I've been stuck between two outfits, and couldn't choose the one I wanted to wear for the evening.