2. [Where Things Seem To Work Out For The Better But I Come Tumbling Down]

"Never let a stumble in the road be the end of your journey."

~ Anonymous

{Renee POV, the next morning.}

I laid in bed thinking about everything that has happened in my life. Sometimes I cry myself to sleep, and question God why does bad things always happen to me. I knew better than to question him, because he had a plan for everybody. Everything happens for a reason.

Right?

I got out of the bed so I could start getting ready for the day. I walked towards my bathroom, and started the shower. After making sure that it was warm, I stripped out of my clothes, and stepped in the shower.

{August POV, Two hours later.}

I grabbed the stroller out of Renee's closet, and walked downstairs, and opened the door. I walked down the cobblestone path to Renee's 2013 Lexus G-SA. I put the stroller in the trunk.

I started to wonder where she gets all of this money to afford all of this expensive stuff she has. Renee came outside with Ciara in her carseat. I grabbed the carseat from her, and put Ciara in the backseat. I strapped the carseat in, and closed the door. I got in on the drivers side.

"Car keys please" She handed me the keys, I put the key in the ignition, and backed out of the driveway, and headed towards my momma house.

"Renee how can you afford all of this expensive stuff you have?" I questioned her.

"Well before my dad died, he used to be rich, and when he died he left all of the money to me and my siblings."

"What did he do?" I asked

"He was one of the best lawyers in NOLA"

"Dang, how did he die?"

"One day he was on the way home from the court house. When he got home, he was getting out the car, and a black truck pulled up. Whoever was in the car started shooting, and my dad got shot right in front of my eyes. We called the ambulance, but by the time they got here he was dead."

"Dang I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked." I said feeling bad for questioning her so much.

"It's okay. I've come to terms with it, but my mom hasn't I guess."

"You miss him, don't you?"

"Yeah I do. I wish he was still here, because now my mom is doing drugs, and I barely see her now. I wish she didn't let his death take a toll on her like it did."

"It's okay ma. It'll get better one day."

"I sure hope so." The rest of the car ride was silent. I turned the radio on, and the song Keep Your Head up by Tupac was playing.

"Little somethin' for my godson Elijah, and a little girl named Corinne. Some say the blacker the berry, the sweeter the juice,I say the darker the flesh then the deeper the roots. I give a holler to my sisters on welfare. Tupac cares, if don't nobody else care, And uhh, I know they like to beat ya down a lot. When you come around the block brothas clown a lot. But please don't cry, dry your eyes, never let up. Forgive but don't forget, girl keep your head up. And when he tells you you ain't nutting don't believe him. And if he can't learn to love you you should leave him, 'cause sista you don't need him. And I ain't trying to gas ya up, I just call em how I see em. You know it makes me unhappy, what's that. When brothas make babies and leave a young mother to be a pappy. And since we all came from a woman, got our name from a woman and our game from a woman. I wonder why we take from our women. Why we rape our women, do we hate our women? I think it's time to kill for our women, time to heal our women, be real to our women, and if we don't we'll have a race of babies, that will hate the ladies, that make the babies. And since a man can't make one, he has no right to tell a woman when and where to create one. So will the real men get up. I know you're fed up ladies, but keep your head up" I said rapping along with Tupac.