3. [Where Theres No Place Like Home But I No Longer Have A Home]

"Life is tough my darling, but so are you."

~ Stephanie Bennett Henry

{August POV, the next morning.}

The next morning I woke up, and did my hygienes. I went downstairs, and looked in the refridgerator to see what was in there to cook. There wasn't anything in there, so I went upstairs, and grabbed Renee's off the nightstand. I jogged back down the stairs, and went out the door. I got in the car, and drove to the store. When I got there I found a parking spot, and got out the car. I walked in the store, and started walking down the breakfast aisle. I was looking for some pancake mix, not paying attention to my surroundings until I bumped into some girl.

"Oh my bad ma" I said helping her pick up her stuff

"It's good'' She said softly, helping me pick up some of her things.

"Kayden?" I questioned once I stood up straight. I haven't seen her in forever.

"Oh- hey August" She said with a slight smile.

"Here I gotta go." I said handing her everything back before turning around and walking away.

"August- wait I know you're still mad about what happened, but I'm sorry." She said trying to catch up with me.

"I don't care 'bout that no more. So just leave me alone." I said picking up my pace.

"August can we at least talk about this over lunch or something?"

"No, I don't think 'dats a good idea. We don't have anything to talk about. I'll see you around. I don't wanna keep ya baybeh daddy waiting." I walked away before she could say anything. I finished getting the food that I need and paid for the food. I left out of the store, and walked to the car. I put the food in there, and got in the car and drove off.

When I got back to Renee's house I got the food out the car, and took it in the house. I took out the breakfast food, and started cooking.

{Renee POV.}

I woke up to the smell of food. I got up and looked at the time. I had to be at work in the next hour and thirty mins. I got out of the bed, and checked on Ciara, and she was still sleeping. I went in the bathroom and turned on the shower. I undressed myself and got in. After my shower I lotioned up and went to my walk in closet and looked for an outfit.

After I finished getting dressed,  I picked up Ciara and changed her diaper, and her clothes. I grabbed her diaper bag and picked her up and walked down stairs. I sat the diaper bag on the couch, and I walked in the kitchen.

"Good morning August." I said as I approached him in the kitchen.

"Good morning love." He said turning around to face me.

"You're cooking breakfast? I didn't know you could cook."

"Yes ma'am. I learned the best. Where are you goin' all dressed up?" He questioned looking me up and down.

"I have to go to work today."I simply replied, sitting at the island.

"Oh okay. You ready ta eat?" He said putting some food on a plate.

"Yeah. Let me sit Ciara in her play pin first."

"Okay"

I put Ciara in her play pin and walked back into the kitchen. August sat our plates on the table.

"Thanks August but you didn't have to cook"

"Nah I wanted to, I mean it is da least I can do. You have been lettin' me stay here fa' a couple of days"