22. [Where Bits And Pieces Come Together]

"She is kind but strong, and that is where so many mistake her. They interpret her kindness for weakness and force her to show her strength."

- JmStorm

{Renee POV--- few weeks later.}

It's been a few weeks since the baby shower, and so far I'm just ready to push the baby out of me. August left a few days back for the remainder of his tour in Paris. He had the nerve to tell me the day before he left, and he possibly would not be here for the birth of his daughter. I was livid, melancholic, and many other things to say the least, but I had to understand that this was his career, and he had to do what he had to do.

He's been acting kind of strange sense the baby shower, and I've been trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, but I can't help but think one thing. Something I hope that isn't true, and I'm just being a paranoid girlfriend.

I got up from my position on the couch, and headed towards the kitchen. I grabbed my vanilla ice cream out of the freezer, some original lays chips from the closet, and some hot sauce and went back to the living room. As I was beginning to eat my ice cream and chips, my phone started ringing. It was a FaceTime call from August.

I quickly picked up the phone and answered it. I propped the phone up on the couch so he could see me while I eat.

"Hey baybeh. What are you doin'?" He asked while I was mixing everything together.

"Eating chips, and ice cream with hotsauce." I responded back. I looked over at him. His face was scrunched up in pure disgust. He looked like he wanted to throw up at the thought of it.

"Renee, you stay on some weird shit. Fuck is you eating ice cream and chips with hotsauce fa'?"

"Don't forget I'm carrying your child. I'm hungry and this just came to mind." I said while scooping up the ice cream and chips and putting it in my mouth. I moaned in satisfaction. "How is it up there?" I asked him.

"I like it up hea. Paris be lit as fuck. The concert start in thirty minutes. I jus' thought I'd talk ta you while I wait."

"Any plans after the concert?"

"Well I was plannin' on goin' back to 'da hotel room, and go ta' sleep, but I was invited to 'dis party at a club. Ion know, it depends on how I feel." He said sighing, running his hand over his face.

"I miss you. When are you coming back?" I asked pouting.

"I miss you too baybeh, but I still got three months before I come back. It'll go by quick I promise."

"But babe, that goes over my due date. You're all the way across the ocean. You're supposed to be here for your first born."

"How about you come on tour wit' me? It'll be cool ta' have my first born be born somewhea' outside the states."

"No August. What about my family, and yours? I want them to be there. This is important to me. My mom and my dad wasn't there when I had my first child and I want them there. This is important to me August, and you should make some arrangements for you to be here when it's around the time for the baby to be due."

"Renee look I gotta go. We'll talk about this lata'. I love you." He said quickly. Before I could respond, the FaceTime call had ended. I sighed to myself, and hung up the call.

{August POV.}

"August you're on in five minutes." My manager said walking in my dressing room.