7. [Where Everything Comes To Play Slowly But Surely]

"It's sad how the people you were once so close with can become just another stranger you don't know."

- Anonymous

{Renee POV--- the next morning.}

I woke up to my phone going off. I groaned and picked my phone up off my nightstand. I looked at the screen and sighed once I seen David Green calling me. I answered the phone, and brought it up to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Hey Renee this is David Green. I was calling to schedule a meeting with you about the photoshoot you just recently had with Mr. Alsina." I heard him shuffling around a little before finally settling down.

"Okay. What about it?" I asked becoming confused as to how he got the photos. I haven't sent the pictures out yet.

"Your business partner, Cassie Perez. I believe that is her name correct?" He asked

"Yes that's her name."

"Well she sent me all of the photo's you guys took and I wasn't expecting you to be in the photosh-" I frowned slightly before cutting him off.

"Ohh that was Cassie's idea, we were just mess-"

"Actually they were some really nice photos. I sent them out last night, and I got an email this morning from this company who is interested in doing business with you." A small smile formed on my lips.

"What kind of business?"

"You and August meet me at Aunt Sally's Sandwiches tomorrow around three-thirty, and we can discuss everything over lunch."

"Okay. See you tomorrow."

"Okay." He said before handing up. I sat my phone down and got out of bed, and walked over to my dresser. I walked into the bathroom and turned on the water and ranned me some water in the bath tub. I got my Sonoma Spa Lavendar Bubbles and poured some in the tub. I bluetoothed my phone to my beats pill. I got on pandora and my song 4 page letter by Aaliyah started playing.

I turned the water off and left out of the bathroom, and walked downstairs. I walked over to the bar area in the kitchen and got me a wine glass, and a bottle of white wine. I walked back upstairs, and into my room. I went in the bathroom, and closed and locked the door behind me. I stripped out my clothes, and I sat in the tub. I poured some wine into my glass. I sat the bottle down on the floor.

I laid my head back and sipped on my wine. I closed my eyes, and thought about how life has been since my dad died, and my siblings left. From the time I got raped, till the time I got pregnant with Ciara. Gosh I miss my sweet little angel. She always cheered me up just by looking at her face. I thought about the car accident, and how she died.

{August POV.}

I got in my range rover, and I put the key in the ignition and backed out of the driveway, and drove down the street. I decided to go to Renee's house, and chill with her for the day.

Ten minutes later I pulled up at her house, and I parked my car on the side of the street. I got out of the car, and started walking up the cobblestone path. I was about to knock on the door, when her door opened. It was her mom.

"Hey August." She said smiling

"Hey Ms. Lopez, is Renee here?" I asked hoping she was

"Yeah she's here, she should be in her room. It's upstairs, first room on the left."

"Okay thank you."

"You're welcome, and if she asks about me let her know I went to work." She said heading out the door.

"Okay I will." I walked in her house and closed the door. I walked upstairs, following the directions, her mom gave me to her room. I knocked on her bedroom door.

"Renee" I called out, but got no response. I slowly opened her door, and I seen that she wasn't in her bed. I noticed her bathroom light was on so I figured she was in there. I sat on the edge of her bed, and just got on my phone. I was playing flappy birds until I heard crying. I got up from the bed and knocked on the door.

"Renee?" I called, but I still got no response.

"Renee?" I said again.

"Why did you have to take her away from me?" I heard her yell on the other side of the door. I tried opening the door but it was locked

"Renee, baybeh open the door."

"Go away August."

"I'm not going anywhea'. Come open 'da door fa' me." It was silent for a minute. I heard the locks click and I slowly opened the door and walked in. She was sitting in the bath tub holding her legs with her head down. She was still crying, so I got a towel off her rack and wrapped her in it.

{Renee POV--- several minutes later.}

After getting myself together, I finally got dressed in something comfortable. I turned the light off in my bathroom, and found August laying back on my. I crawled up on my bed, and laid down next to him.

"Wanna watch some movies?" August asked after a while of laying there.

"Yeah. I guess we can do that." I said

"Okay what you wanna watch, and no chick flicks." He said glancing at me, causing a giggle to escape my lips.

"Poetic Justice?" I suggested

"Okay. We can watch 'dat movie, since my man Pac in 'dat movie." I laughed before getting up. I grabbed my laptop, and instantly went to Netflix. I logged in, and started the movie after hooking my laptop up to my tv. I got back in the bed, and got comfortable.

"Don't fall asleep now." August said

"I won't." The movie started, and I instantly became happy once Tupac appeared on the tv. Thirty minutes into the movie I started to get sleepy. I slowly started drifting off to sleep.

{August POV.}

I looked down at Renee who had fallen asleep on my chest. I slowly slid her over and laid down on her bed. I pulled the covers over us. She had her back turned to me, so I wrapped my arms around her waist and scooted her closer to my body.

I closed my eyes, and fell asleep with Renee in my arms. I'm glad I went to her company yesterday instead of someone else company. I missed our friendship. She was the only real friend I had when we lived in New Orleans. I'd do anything to get our friendship back on track.

I'd be a fool not to. Right?

>>>>>>>>>

Excuse any mistakes.