Dragging, Dinner, and a Boy?

Y/n's POV:

"Aaaaand, there we go," I said, taking a step back, admiring her signature braids.

Not sparing the braids a glance she stood up and dragged me out the door by my wrist. Making great time with her dragging me, we arrived at the cafeteria with plenty of time to spare. Pulling me in line, she removed her firm grip on my wrist and held my hand, intertwining our fingers to squeeze my hand gently, before untwining them to hold my hand normally.

"You didn't have to drag me all the way here Wednesday." I joked, gently rubbing shapes onto the back of her hand as we waited in line.

"I wanted to make sure we had plenty of options to choose from." She stated, gently squeezing my hand as she spoke before looking around the cafeteria.

Deciding to not question it, I kept my eyes on the people in front of us as we waited. Luckily we had arrived here early so the wait was short, all thanks to Wednesday.

For dinner, we had three choices for the main meal: Lasagna, Pasta salad, and Potato soup. Sides included Fruit cobbler, Caesar salad, bread sticks, and Brocolli with melted cheese. Drinks were the usual Fruit juices, milk, and water.

Wednesday had grabbed the Lasagna with a Caesar salad and Water, while I chose the Pasta Salad, Fruit Cobbler, and water. After grabbing our meal Wednesday dragged me to a table next to one of the windows. After sitting down, other campers started arriving, resulting in Wednesday death-glaring anyone that bothered to ask if they could sit with us.

After people had gotten the hint, dinner had ended up quite peaceful. We remained quiet throughout, but it was a peaceful kind of quiet where nothing needed to be said. We stayed in the cafeteria when we were done, talking about ourselves and what we strived for in the future until we were all dismissed for bed.

Counselors were set to come and check each cabin, making sure everyone was where they were supposed to be. Wednesday seemingly dispising our chipper counselor as she had glared at the poor man the whole time he was in our cabin.

"And that should be all ladies, and make sure you stay in your cabins and call us on your walkies if you need anything, good night." Steve, our counselor said, quickly closing the door as he speed walked away from the cabin before I could respond.

"Well...That was weird." I mumbled, wondering why he had left in such a hurry. Turning to Wednesday I saw that she was still glaring at the door, making me chuckle. Turning to look at me her eyes softened immediately as her lips pulled up slightly in a small smile.

"I don't like him." She said flatly, and as if she could read my mind she continued, "He was looking at you during dinner,as if he was waiting for a chance to speak with you."

With fluid strides, she walked up to me cupping my face with her hand as she look deep into my eyes, as if she was looking for something. "And he will never so long as I call you mine, cara mia." Pulling away slowly she made her way to the bathroom, leaving me flustered in the doorway.

Wednesday's POV:

Even though I quite enjoyed the feeling of her hands running through my hair, I wanted her to have a warm dinner. So, as soon as she finished my hair I gently grasped her wrist and pulled her into the cafeteria, being sure we didn't bump into anyone as we walked into the line.

"You didn't have to drag me all the way here Wednesday." I heard her joke as I held her hand squeezing it softly in apology for being so pushy, though I immediately relaxed when she rubbed shapes on the back of my hand.

"I wanted to make sure we had plenty of options to choose from," I said, gently squeezing her hand again as I spoke. Looking around the cafeteria as we waited I scoured the crowd for America, taking note of any that looked at Y/n longer than I would have liked. Our counselor being one of them.

Steve Sventner is a 5'9 (175.25 cm) 18-year-old with a record. Having multiple instances of drunk driving and vandalism he was only able to keep it under wraps due to his father's money and influence as a well-known Lawyer. He has black hair, green eyes because he was wearing contacts to cover his brown eyes and light freckles on his nose. Overall, he was average at best.

So who did he think he was staring at Y/n like that, especially when I'm right next to her. His drooling was however cut short when he saw me glaring at him, making him look away immediately as he tried to pretend he hadn't been staring by busying himself.

I couldn't glare at him long however as it was our turn to get our dinner. Mentally keeping note of Y/n's reactions to the foods available as we did so, making me notice her hesitance at choosing anything with cheese or milk, like the Potato soup and Lasagna. Now knowing she may be lactose intolerant I walked her to a table next to a window in the corner so we wouldn't be bothered, sadly that didn't go as planned.

As more campers came in more and more of them decided to test their luck and asked to sit with us, resulting in me having to shoo them away before they could get too comfortable. When things had finally relaxed we were able to enjoy our meals in a comfortable silence. Y/n ate peacefully as she smiled happily, while I planned our future and the demise of a certain counselor and country fanatic.

When dinner was done and we were dismissed we continued our small talk as we walked to our cabin. Ultimately resulting in me giving subtle and vague responses for the future as she wasn't quite ready for the bigger picture.

Entering our cabin we were about to get ready for bed when a knock sounded at the door, making my eye twitch in annoyance as I rose to meet them at the door. But, before I could get there however Y/n had opened the door and let the poor fool in, making me clench my teeth.

"He-" He went to introduce himself but quickly stopped when he saw me make a cutting motion on my neck as I glared at him. When Y/n had finally turned around I was just glaring at him as he looked very uncomfortable, as he should be.

Clearing his throat he spoke shakily and rushed, "I see that you're both here" He checked our names off the list quickly. He quickly looked around the room and walked to the door, "I don't see anyone else here."

"So, that should be all ladies, and make sure you stay in your cabins and call us on your walkies if you need anything, good night," Steve said, quickly closing the door as he speed walked away from the cabin.

Y/n being Y/n said he was weird and silently asked why I was so uninviting, resulting in me having to remind her in a way she won't forget any time soon.

So, with fluid strides, I walked up to her and cupped her cheek with my hand as I looked into her eyes, trying to see if there was any discomfort in them, seeing none I spoke. "And he will never so long as I call you mine, cara mia." Pulling away slowly I walked to the bathroom, leaving her in the doorway with a smirk.

I don't take wandering eyes lightly, Boy.