Sombrio (17)

Narrator

The next day you got woken up by a very annoying man opening up the windows and shining the light onto your face.

"Ugh!" you groaned as you pushed the sheets of you to reveal the casual. "Troy! Stop doing that! On Halloween, you better not!"

"Never! Plus that's what you get for being mean to me last night."

You just rolled your eyes and gave Troy a kiss on the cheek before dragging him downstairs for breakfast.

At the table, you was eating buttered toast along with Troy.

"Want tea?" you asked.

Troy nodded and after the tea was done, you sat down next to him.

"What time do you want to go out?" Troy asked.

"Hm.. maybe at 11am because there are food places right?"

"Mhm. Oh- what car we taking?"

"Yours obviously."

Troy finished his breakfast before scrolling through his phone. You just watched him quite bored.

Troy looked up at you, "You want something?"

"No, don't worry."

...

As time passed, you was walking towards the huge shopping centre with Troy after you got out of Troy's car.

Walking inside and joining hands with Troy, you heard a meow. The pet shop! Whenever you walked into the shopping centre, you was always desperate to get a cat or parrot.

Troy's POV

Me and Y/N was inside of the shopping centre trying to find the Halloween Special shop.

Suddenly, I noticed Y/N stopping in her tracks to glare at the pet shop. The pet shop mainly included adoptions to animals like; birds, parrots, cats, dogs, snakes and bearded dragons.

Her whole face was doing that desperate expression thing, which showed when she really wanted something.

Y/N never really had any pets as a kid.. I guess if I got her one on Halloween (her favourite season) it would be good, but she wasn't going to move without us leaving with one of the animals.

"Troy.." she whispered.

"Y/N.." I whispered back, mimicking her, but it was quite a cute expression on her face.

Moments later, I found myself glaring at the kittens in the cat section. I couldn't lie, they was adorable.

"Awhh! Troy, can we get it?" Y/N begged as she showed me a young kitten with black fur and white paws as well as a white, smudge circle thing on his left eye. His eyes were a bright amber along with an adorable black nose.

"AWHHH!" I screamed by accident. Everyone in the shop did glare at me, but I didn't care he was sooo cute!

Reader's POV

Later on and finally, Troy and me bought the kitten. We didn't really think of a name, but we did bring him with us to the Halloween Special shop.

As we got inside, there was a really cute matching outfit of an onesie, but it was two skeletons. One of the skeletons was obviously the female stereotype (skirts, dresses, makeup etc.) while the other one was the male stereotype (suits, hats, hoodies etc.).

Me and Troy bought it along with other Halloween decorations and of course cat food, cat toys, cat litter, a collar and there was a very cute and miniature Halloween outfit for the cat.

...

After when me and Troy got home without even buying food for ourselves, we placed our shopping down and our cat in his carrier,

"Should we get the things out of the attic?"

"Mh.. I would, but let's focus on the cat for a second," Troy replied.

"Gosh Troy! You really love him! I told you it wasn't a bad idea!"

Troy shrugged happily and got the cat's necessities out of the bag while I slowly opened the cat's door to his carrier.

"What should we name him?" I asked Troy.

He shrugged, "Maybe Sombrio?"

"Sombrio?"

"I think it means dark in Portuguese- I could be wrong," Troy replied.

"I like it!" I replied after thinking for a while, "Sombrio it is!"

I slowly expanded my arm until Sombrio was ready to feel more comfortable.

Sombrio, after a few minutes, nuzzled his face against my knuckles as I smiled softly at him.

Troy got out some food for Sombrio along with a bowl of water.

"He's eating!" Troy squeaked in happiness.

"Shh! I think we still need to buy him like more cat toys, but whatever."

"Yup! To be honest, we spent a lot, but it's for my little Sommy so I don't care!"

I giggled and let Sombrio get used to his surroundings as I got the rest of the Halloween decorations out.

"Wanna try the costumes?" Troy asked, excited.

"Yes please!"

...

Narrator

Later on, you and Troy tried on the onesies that fitted you two perfectly. You wanted to stay in it really badly, but you knew you was going to have the time of your life wearing it on Halloween. Maybe it may not just be for Halloween, maybe an all-time outfit who cares?

After trying on the onesies, Troy got the attic stick thing, where it would open the attic and reach for the stairs to get pulled down.

Troy did just that, while you went back to quickly check on Sombrio, who was found sitting on the kitchen counter. Awwh.

As much as you wanted to admire him, you had to help your amazing boyfriend (sarcasm) with the attic.

As Troy started to climb up, you whined, "Wait Troy can I go up there?